8 Canvas Ideas For Your Next Craft Night

Super cute and fun canvas ideas to make for yourself or friends!

70
Anna Kolosyuk

After joining my sorority and taking two littles, I got super into painting canvases for not only them but myself as well. I went through Pinterest and pinned tons of ideas for canvases to create and when I had some free time I would just go craft crazy and make a ton of them. I loved being able to just chill out with a movie on and do some painting either by myself or with friends. I would totally recommend getting together with your girl gang for a GNI (girls' night in) and painting some canvases for yourself or for each other!!

1. Food or drink related canvases

Alcohol, pizza and sugary sweets are just a few of my favorite things and the next best thing to eating them is making them on a canvas and hanging them up in my room. This canvas was made by my big and she gave it to me because we are both big drinkers. Creating a canvas with your favorite foods or drinks are super cute and easy to make room decor!

2. Movie or TV related canvases

I'm a huge Netflix binge-watcher and I can always watch a movie whenever I'm bored. With tons of different series and films, recreating a logo or slogan from the show on a canvas is an easy and neat craft. This canvas was based on the TV show "Friends" and it uses a lyric from the theme song.

3. Book or music related canvases

Music has always been there for me and I bet it has for you too! So why not broadcast your favorite song lyrics on a canvas and put it up to look at every day? I know my mom used to sing "You are my sunshine" to me right before bed and I've loved the song ever since. I made this canvas to brighten up my room with a pop of yellow and because this lyric reminds me of my mom.

4. Animal related canvases

I'm a huge cat lover and basically any animal too, but I've had cats my whole life so I used a paw print on this canvas. Any animal-related canvas will always be super sweet so pick an animal and get to painting!

5. Nature related canvases

Flowers, trees, mountains, and seas. All things nature are beautiful and great ideas for canvases. I'm obsessed with nature and all things earthy so I can't get enough of these.

6. Motivational quote related canvases

Need some motivation? Put a motivational quote up in your room! I know this quote really means a lot to me, so find one that does for you and you'll be empowered and energized for days!

7. Sorority related canvases

Sratty canvases are a must if you're in a sorority! I know I have too many to count! Check out Pinterest for tons of ideas and designs to broadcast your Greek pride!

8. Sports related canvases

I'm not a huge sports fan, but my boyfriend is and I couldn't resist not making him a canvas. He loves it and hung it up as soon as I gave it to him. Sports team logos or jersey designs are awesome ideas for yourself or a friend/significant other, especially for a present!

From flowers to alcohol and song lyrics to sports teams, there's an endless supply of ideas for canvases. I used broad topics for the ideas that are based on previous canvases I have made. All of the pictures used in this article are from canvases I have made or received. I always have a blast painting canvases to hang around my room, and I bet you will too!