5 Of the Best 80s Movies

Don't You Forget About Me: 5 Of The Best 80s movies

If you're looking for an 80's movie binge, this is the perfect list for you!

25
https://unsplash.com/photos/jLRIsfkWRGo
https://unsplash.com/photos/jLRIsfkWRGo

Everyone likes a good movie marathon. Next time you decide to sit down with a bowl of popcorn and cannot figure out what movies to watch, try these five iconic 80s movies that will put a smile on anyone's face.

"The Breakfast Club"

On one Saturday morning, five kids from differing cliques come together to serve detention. At first, each student knows and sticks to the stereotypes that resides within each of their cliques: the princess, the criminal, the athlete, the brain, and the basket case. Throughout the movie, pivotal scenes allow for each student to express a deeper meaning of themselves and break the stereotypes that surround them. This movie is a must watch for anyone who has ever experienced high school. If you're looking for a funny but also serious movie, this is the one for you.

"Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

Poor Ferris has come down with yet another cold and is taking the day off of school. Even though he fakes his illness to convince his parents to skip school, he also convinces his actual sick friend, Cameron, to join him and his girlfriend, Sloane on a day of hijinks. However, they have to be careful because a nosy principal is trying to ruin the day. This is the perfect movie to learn how to convince your parents you are sick enough to skip school. For anyone looking for a movie surrounded by fun and jokes, this one is perfect.

"Heathers"

Being popular isn't always easy. This movie surrounds a group of friends all named Heather, but also a new member named Veronica. Things turn for the worse when Veronica meets the new bad-boy at school named JD and people begin dying. Even though Veronica does not like her new popular friends, she also does not like JD's choice in killing others. As a result, she has to make the choice: will she fall in love but allow him to kill or hate her friends but protect those who don't deserve to die? If you're looking for a movie that goes against the normal high school movie stereotype, this one is filled with love, death, and croquet.

"16 Candles"

Everyone has forgotten about Sam's big sixteenth birthday when her sister is getting married the next day. Even though Sam is upset with her family forgetting about her, the wish she wants the most is for Jake to be hers. After writing a note to her friend that the only boy she would lose her virginity to is Jake, he finds the note on the floor and decides that the life he is living with constant partying and the most popular girlfriend is not the one he wants. After trying to reach Sam throughout the movie, he is finally able to attain her in the end. One of the most predictable movies, but it will still fill your heart with glee with a birthday wish coming true.

St. Elmo's Fire

After graduating from college, seven friends are finally ready to take their lives to the next step. Each character shows the struggles of what people face when having to do life on their own. One of the group's favorite hang out place is a bar named St. Elmo's Fire, in which they spent most of their college days. This is a great movie for romantics, drama lovers, or anyone who just wants to reminisce about the past.