Iced Coffee

Iced coffee is a way of life. That's just a fact - you either get it or you don't.

1. Hot coffee is not an option

Whether it's 100 degrees outside or 20, iced coffee is the only option. Something about the taste of hot coffee just doesn't do it for me. I need my ice and my straw or it's not happening.

2. You will do anything to get your daily fix

Since there are hardly any decent at home coffee machines that make a good cup of iced coffee, Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts are your best friends. The $4 a day for your favorite drink is so worth it, no matter how much money is in your bank account.

3. If it's not made just right, you're not drinking it

If I am taking the time and money to go to Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts, I want my coffee made right. If it is not made the exact way that I like it, I probably won't drink it, or I'll ask them to fix it. I don't want it too dark or light, too sweet or not sweet enough. It's hard to explain, and maybe I'm crazy. But it's always a lottery every time I get my coffee. It's hard for it to be made exactly the same every time.

4. You don't care if stopping for coffee makes you late

There are so many times when I stop for coffee and know that I'm going to be late for school or work. But I won't be awake for it without my iced coffee anyway, so I think it's a pretty valid excuse. At least I'll show up late and caffeinated!

5. You find yourself drinking more iced coffee than water

I'm thirsty, where's the nearest Dunkin'? Who needs water when you can have the best beverage of all time, that also wakes you up? This is definitely NOT healthy, but it's an addiction, okay?

6. Everyone knows your iced coffee order

When the barista sees you walk in, they know exactly how to make your iced coffee. You're basically there every day, so it's not a shock that they know your order. Even those close to you know how you like it, since it's all you ever drink.

7. You cannot function properly without it

You're at coffee shops every morning because you simply just need that cup of iced coffee to get your day going. It gives you the perfect caffeine boost while giving you the motivation to get out of bed and enjoy it.

8. You don't care how expensive it is

Depending on how you take your iced coffee, it can end up costing you nearly $4 a day. But you don't care because iced coffee is a necessity. To me, enjoying a great cup of iced coffee every day is worth the cost. I don't care if it's my last $4. I'm getting iced coffee.

9. People judge you for how often you stop for iced coffee

Maybe most normal people will settle for hot coffee from their coffee maker to start their day. But not you! You NEED to hit a coffee shop to have your iced coffee made perfectly for you. You've tried to make an enjoyable cup of iced coffee at home, but it's just not the same. Stop judging me.