The Necessary Ice Cream Flavors To Get You Through The Summer

The best way to enjoy them is to try each and every one.

324
Instagram

Ice cream fans from all walks of life, the sun is shining and it is scorching hot outside. What’s the best remedy to cool off after a long day in the sun? A nice scoop of delicious ice cream.

Here are my personal favorite ice cream flavors to get you through the summer. Make sure to eat it all before it melts away!

First one is an all-time classic: Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy

Ben and Jerry's has elevated their already legendary flavors this summer with a classic of chocolate upon piles of even more chocolate. If you’re a real chocoholic, then this may be a dream come true for you. Filled with heaps of chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, brownies and melted fudge, you’ll be sure to get a whopping mouthful of, yes, chocolate. A pint of this after a long day is enough to put anyone in a good mood.

Next on the dock is an ice cream flavor that you can never go wrong with: Haagen-Daz Vanilla Bean

Ok, hear me out. I always thought vanilla was too... well vanilla. It was basic and underwhelming. In my mind it was the equivalent of cheese pizza, boring and not what I equate with a good time. This summer though, after a long day of working, I want something I can go to that I know is simple but can get the job done when I’m in need of it most.

Haagen-Daz vanilla pairs well with other summer treats without being too milky. It’s great for ice cream sandwiches and just throwing a scoop on top of brownies or shortcakes. So it wins for its versatility and willingness to accommodate my needs.

A much necessary shoutout goes to: Friendly’s Rocky Road

Friendly's has experienced many recent ups and downs these past few years, which is why their rocky road flavor is so fitting for them and so fitting for me. When you’re having a turbulent week, a stressful semester, or a sudden wave of rain has washed over your sunny summer day, rocky road is the flavor for you. Filled with chocolate, marshmallows, and almonds, there is so much going on here and it is delicious. If you like chunks of toppings in your ice cream, this one is certainly the right treat for you.

Lastly, one final ice cream flavor for you to enjoy this summer is: Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby

As a pretzel lover, this is one of my favorite flavors. I love some crunch in my ice cream, and if you do too, this flavor is most definitely a dream choice for you. It's intensifying combination of vanilla malt ice cream with peanutty fudge-covered pretzels, topped off with fudge and peanut buttery swirls is essentially all I could ever want in an ice cream.

Now that summer is in full swing, kick the shoes off an enjoy one or even all of these great ice cream choices. I can personally vouch that I’ll be enjoying them too. Eat away!