'iCarly' Is Getting A Reboot, And Honestly, It's The First One I'm Actually Excited About

It seems like the world is changing for us, and it's going to be so, so wonderful.

54113
Nathan Kress, Miranda Cosgrove, and Jerry Trainor

5, 4, 3, 2 - "iCarly" is coming back!

Yes, you read that correctly - one of the greatest shows to come out of this generation's childhood is officially making its way back on-screen, and it's going to be so wonderful. Over the past couple of years, we've seen some of our favorite shows get rebooted - like "Boy Meets World," "Sabrina the Teenage Witch," and "Charmed."

And I think we can all agree they were not great... at all. My excitement for reboots nowadays is virtually nonexistent, because somehow, bringing in new actors/actresses and completely changing the storyline of my favorite childhood show is just not appealing anymore. If it ever was.

But the "iCarly" reboot is changing the game.

"iCarly" is set to premiere in 2021 on Paramount+, yet another new streaming service for us to buy into. But the best part is that Miranda Cosgrove, Nathan Kress, and Jerry Trainor, who played Carly, Freddie, and Spencer respectively, have all signed on for the show! AND, it will be produced by none other than the original brains behind the witty childhood show - Nickelodeon Studios.

Now, I think we can all agree that the only way this can truly be the best reboot to come out of the past few years is if we see the return of Jennette McCurdy, who played Sam during the original six-season run.

However, the possibilities of her being a series regular are slim. Just after the reboot announcement took the Internet by storm without mention of her name, Jennette took to her Instagram to announce season 2 of her podcast. While this is a bit of a disappointment for many "iCarly" fans, it doesn't mean it's a definite no, and it definitely doesn't mean she won't be making appearances here and there throughout the show! I think if "iCarly" taught us anything, it's to "see the brighter side of any situation" and that's exactly what I plan to do with this reboot.

I'm excited to see the old cast back together again, but I'm especially pumped to see what they do with their characters all these years later. While "iCarly" was funny then and still is now, it was also filled with important lessons.

It taught us optimism; it taught us risk-taking and courage; it taught us loyalty.

For me, one of the most poignant parts of the show is that Carly's brother Spencer, despite all his flaws, takes care of her and raises her through the most pivotal years of her life. Maybe the show isn't meant to be that deep on the surface, but underneath the pranks and the laugh track are real lessons to be learned.

I think that's what really makes this reboot so exciting - we won't leave the show empty-handed just because we aren't kids anymore. The actors and actresses grew up and matured with us, and now they'll be able to incorporate their own life lessons into the show, making it a must-watch for us all in 2021.

So in the meantime, live life, breathe air, because I know somehow we're going to get to that release date, and it's going to be so wonderful!