I Wear A Full Face Of Makeup To Class And I Don't Regret It

Stop belittling girls who put a little extra time into their looks every morning.

1517
Angelina Campanile

"Are you wearing makeup to your 8 a.m?"

Yes, I am. I even contoured AND put on a lip gloss, just for a nice touch.

For me, wearing makeup and a (semi) nice outfit to class is second nature. In high school, I rarely wore leggings and sweatshirts until senior year, when it seemed that just about everyone was doing it. However, now that I'm a freshman in college, I like waking up a little extra early before my class and having a schedule that consists of eating, fixing my hair, picking out an outfit, and doing my makeup. It makes me feel put together and definitely puts my morning off to the right start. Call me insane, but that won't stop me from always going the extra mile to look and feel good.

Yes, it does mean I wake up an hour before class starts. However, it gives me (and other girls) time to refresh.

Waking up at the crack of dawn definitely is a downer for some, but for some girls, including myself, it gives us the advantage of gaining energy before class starts. I usually do eat a nice breakfast and then get started on my makeup routine, which I've managed to get down to 20 minutes. This requires focus and concentration, which means my brain gets an early start. Some girls will even wash their face with a morning facial cleanser, which can offer some nice properties for when you are not a morning person.

Sometimes, it's nice to have that extra confidence boost.

Every girl is beautiful in their own skin, but makeup can provide girls with a boost of confidence, and who could say no to that? It's nice to look in the mirror in the middle of the day and still be feeling yourself. Even when I don't feel my best self, it helps to know that I could still have a bomb outfit and cute makeup and go about my day knowing I look good.

Anyone who says that it's "distracting" is simply jealous.

If you want to wear highlighter and pop OFF, go out there and own it. No one should dictate how much makeup you want to wear, you are in charge of yourself. I definitely don't do it to attract other boys, and if they're really that distracted by my lipstick in class, they should go sit somewhere else and stop choosing the same seat next to me in a 200-seat lecture.

Even if you're worried what others might say, you don't have to wear a full face of makeup to feel fully confident.

If you're a girl who really doesn't like mornings, but definitely likes the feeling of looking good, you can do a shortened makeup routine that consists of BB cream, concealer, highlighter, and mascara. That can take just about 5 minutes. No girl should feel like they just have to roll out of bed in pajamas and stroll over to their 8 a.m because if they wear makeup, they feel as if they'll stand out. There are many variations to this routine, and you can change it up to fit your liking.

Next time you see a girl wearing makeup and a nice outfit, take the time to compliment her instead of making a snide comment about how much easier it is to walk out of your dorm wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt. That girl probably feels so confident, so show her the support that any girl could use. I don't regret waking up early at all, and I'm grateful to have the opportunity to express myself through makeup and my outfit, and this confidence is definitely not going away anytime soon.