Writing For Odyssey

I Used To Hate Writing, But Odyssey Was The Place Where I Learned To Love It

It's been a good two years.

23
Personal Photo

I have had the privilege to be apart of two wonderful communities during my time at Odyssey. I spent my first year with the organization with the Chicago community. Where I got to connect with some amazing individuals throughout the Chicago area.

During my time with this community, I had the pleasure of meeting people from new backgrounds, new life-styles, new ideas, and who wrote some awesome content. The Chicago community is a true representation of the city itself. A wonderfully diverse community, who is all accepting and all-loving. A true spirit of what diversity and culture thrive within that community.

I then transitioned to the Grand Canyon University Community last fall, where I met the most down-to-earth individuals. This community is a community who supports, who cheers and who goes above and beyond for each member. I have never met two people who are so intentional with over 30+ writers. And never have I met a community of 30+ writers who will be there to assist anyone whether it be an article topic to helping someone move out of a dorm.

Needless to say, I had it good during my time at Odyssey. Writing for both communities helped me grow as an individual, writer and learn from so many amazing humans. Words cannot express how impressed and in awe I am of the people I have had the privilege to meet during my time with this organization.

I would like to give a shout out to three amazing women that I have had the privilege of writing under their direction.

Rafia was my first point of contact with Odyssey. She was the all-star who helped me figure out this platform and encouraged me to produce content and to produce content that mattered to me. Rafia is a kind-hearted, self-less leader, who is a force to be reckoned with. She is a beaming light of inspiration and encouragement for those around her. Also, her memes are pretty great too.

Katryna was my first point of contact for the Grand Canyon community. The best way to describe Katrina is the mom who goes to every single one of her kid's events and is sitting in the front row to cheer them on every time, but with 30 children also known as creators. She is the most intentional leader I have ever worked with. She remembers the little things happening in everyone's lives and makes sure to check-in. She is a beaming light of encouragement for everyone and is always there to help fix any problem that arises during content being created or going live.

Lily, is one of the most organized, creative people I know. She was my go-to gal whenever I needed a good headline or an article idea. Like, I'm almost positive that her inner monologue is only in headline format because the girl is too dang of a natural coming up with killer headlines. She is a fearless leader and is a woman of intention as well. She puts forth so much time and energy to make sure that everyone's content is killer and presented in a fashion that was intended by the writer. I'm not sure how she does it, but she deserves a medal.

And lastly, to all of the wonderful creators that have come and gone during my time at both communities: it's been a pleasure working and sharing ideas with you. Meeting each of you have brought such joy and culture to my life that I will always cherish. I have learned so much from each of you and I know I will continue to learn from you guys even after leaving Odyssey. Keep producing content and don't hesitate to share it with me. I'd like to read it too! :)