I Tried A Meditation App For A Week

I Tried A Meditation App For A Week

Trying to get back into a routine after spring break and thinking about finals coming up, I noticed I've been more stressed than usual so I decided to do something about it. I downloaded a meditation app called "Headspace" and used it every day for a week.

83
https://pixabay.com/photos/yoga-outdoor-woman-pose-young-2176668/

When I first downloaded the app, I was really impressed with everything it offered. When I was trying to find the right meditation app, a lot of them either cost money or they give you a week free trial then they start charging you. Headspace is completely free and you don't need a membership to join.

The app offers a variety of things from meditation sessions ranging from 3 minutes to 20 minutes, to sleep music, to cute animations. The goal of these services is to be relaxing and stress relieving. I was a big fan of the meditation sessions, they make it easy for beginners who have never meditated before. You can pick the length of the session and you can change the voice that speaks to you. All the speakers have very soothing tones and they tell you what to do and focus on during the session.

I was also a big fan of sleep music. They had a couple of different choices and you set a timer for how long you want it to play. I listened to "doze" for 10 minutes each night and it put me to sleep instantly. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who takes a while to fall asleep at night.

After my first day of using sleep music and having a meditation session, I already felt more relaxed. The app also sends you notifications during the day to relax and remember to meditate so you will never forget a session. You can also set a specific bedtime in the app and it will send you a notification saying it's time for bed. I found this useful because it is so easy to lose track of time.

I'd give the Headspace app a 9/10 and I am definitely going to continue to use it. I recommend everyone to try a meditation app because there is no harm in doing so and you might find you really enjoy it. Everyone lives such busy lives, having a notification to escape the chaos at certain points in the day was helpful. I think the app helped to relieve some stress and it made me more aware of my stress which made it easier to manage.