7 reasons why I need to be back in Syracuse, and here's why!

7 Reasons Why I Need To Be Back In Syracuse

It was nice being home but now the countdown begins!

32
Photo submitted by Anna Powers

Beyond ready to get back to the place that I love most!

1. I get to see my Xisters (Alpha Xi Delta sister right here) 

If you are in a sorority you know that you are going to be dying to see all your sisters that live all over the country—especially since the second semester of Freshman year was epic with them. I cannot wait to return for part 2.

2. You get to see all of your other college friends

I made some lifelong friends in my first semester. Therefore, I can't wait to reunite with them to make even more memories while taking on my sophomore year.

3. Living with the best!!

My roommate and I from freshman year are extremely close. So, we decided this year to live on South Campus in our own little apartment. As August gets closer, we are getting more and more excited to make it feel like home and have some wild times!

4. I can't wait for my classes!

Unlike my freshmen year, this semester I am truly excited about my schedule as I get to vary off my required courses and take classes that really interest me.

5. FOOTBALL SEASON

Even though Syracuse is a basketball school, I absolutely cannot wait until we are back for football season. From the hype to the spirit to the tailgates, I am so amped!!

6. The freedom of being in college 

Don't get me wrong, I love being home. However, once you come back home after your freshman year in college, you feel like you are moving backward in life. For example, for months while in college I could leave my dorm no questions asked, yet at home, I feel as though I must undergo a police interrogation by my parents whenever I want to leave the house. Subsequently, I'm excited to go back so I can have a little independence back in my life.

7. This place just really makes me a happy person. 

At Syracuse University, everything just makes a little more sense to me. I'm overall just happier; therefore, life is better :)