5 Things I Miss About Home

5 Things I Miss About Home

The realization of missing the places and things that made me "me".

206

When you choose to stay in a dorm while studying in university, you tend to push yourself away from your comfort zone, and a lot of the things that you have grown up with. Before spring break, I was excited to go home and remind myself of all the things that I don't really have at college. Here's a glimpse into some of the things that make the place I came from, my home.

1. My mom's cooking. 

Every time I come home from Purdue, my mom makes my favorite dishes. Coming from a Bengali background, the food is unique in taste and uses so many different spices and flavors that you wouldn't be able to taste at Purdue's dining halls. My mom's cooking is soulful and never fails to remind me of where I came from.

2. Driving

A lot of students at Purdue have a car on campus. However, being so far away, I'm not able to bring my car back and forth for the 12-hour drive. Driving was one of my favorite pass times and one of the best stress-relievers I could have.

3. Belmar Beach

The beach was my muse for taking pictures. It was always the place to hang out. Whenever my friends and I had nowhere to go, we would always just end up driving down to the beach.

4. Dunkin' Donuts

At Purdue, there's a surplus of Starbucks joints and other local coffee places, but no Dunkin' Donuts. When I was home, the closest Dunkin' was right around the corner. For me, Dunkin' is the best coffee place around and sells the best donuts too.

5. Jersey Freeze Ice Cream

When I was in high school, this was the place to meet after school and hang out. They sell everything from ice cream to burgers and fries. It reminds me of the good times that helped shaped me into who I am today.