Laugh At Me Now, But I Love Having 8 AM Classes

Okay, you guys are going to think this is weird, but I love having 8 a.m. classes every day of the week. Bet you haven't heard that one before. Well, it's true. Hear me out, I might be able to convince you.

I wasn't always this way, you know. I used to be the girl that slept in until 5 p.m. on weekends and signed up for all the classes that started after 2 p.m. But suddenly, I had a realization. Why am I wasting all these hours in bed, when I could get started early, be productive all day, and then get a good night's sleep? Just the thought of all the precious time I have wasted stunned me. I knew it was time for a change.

At first, it was a bit rough for me considering I was sleeping through half the day. But with a little tweaking in my sleep schedule, I got the hang of it. So once I did this, I actually went into spring semester scheduling all my classes at 8 a.m., and to say the least, I absolutely love doing it.

At first, when I wake up I'm a little tired, maybe cranky, but once I splash that water on my face I feel fresh, energized, and ready to take on the day. Since I've adopted this I routinely wake up early on my own, and if I don't, I feel gross and unenergized all day. Waking up early has made me so much more productive, and I feel a lot healthier.

According to WebMD, oversleeping effects neurotransmitters in the brain including serotonin. Oversleepers find themselves suffering headaches in the morning, back pain, and have increased chances of getting depression, diabetes, and an increased chance of death.

Sleep is crucial for humans to function, but too much of a good thing can still kill you. Not only will I be healthier, but I will also be more productive and a whole lot happier.