I Have Anxiety In Everything Except My Faith
Religion

God has my back, and that is all I need.

430

First off, if you suffer from anxiety, YOU ARE DOING GREAT and I KNOW IT SUCKS. I have anxiety in almost every aspect of my life; my family, work, my friends, the decisions I make, and even the medicine I take to treat my anxiety. But I know at the end of the day, there is one thing that can always ease my anxiety attacks, my anxious mind, and my racing thoughts, and that is my faith.

I didn't learn that my faith was my strongest base of support until I thought about the root cause of my anxiety. Where is the one place that gives you all your troubles, all your defeat, and all your heart ache? The devil. Your anxiety is a victory in the eyes of the devil, he wants you laid in your bed in a bundled up ball crying yourself to sleep, over scenarios that probably won't ever even happen. But I know that there is only one person/thing that can defeat those tears, those aches, and those pains.. my faith and my God. My faith is the only aspect of my life that doesn't give me anxiety. I know everything that causes my anxiety is not rooted by faith, but instead by a dark hell.

There is so much peace in knowing that God is doing something amazing with me, and that he is always there. I know that sometimes I will lose friends, sometimes things will not work out the way I hoped they would, and sometimes life just hurts. But I know that I will always have God on my side, in my corner, and I know he will never leave. Even after the times before I believed God had my best interest in mind, he forgave me and led me back so I could see that in the end, he was taking care of me. I know and believe that everything I go through, is all a part of a plan, far bigger than my own. Whispering to myself "God has you, D" can calm my mind, and ease my fast-paced heart in just a few moments. I know he is testing me, only to remind myself he has absolute control of my life.

If you're struggling with anxiety, and you can't find a way to fight it, remember this; Matthew 11:28-30 says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." I know anxiety is crippling, and it can over power you. Do not forget who is handling your anxiety and who is handling YOU.