As A Journalism Major, I Wish I Could Subtract Math From My Classload

Math can calculate its own slope to figure out what line it just crossed.

65
study

Math is and never has been my favorite subject (80% of my college breakdowns come from the stress of math). Being a journalism major, I always question (more like scream out in anguish and frustration) about why I have to take a math (science, too) course when it has nothing to do with my ability to write. Like why? When am I ever going to need to know the slope of a line when my topic is to write about corruption within government systems? Why should I know what a Pythagorean Theorem is when I need to be researching reasons why KJ Apa is meant to be my husband? None of those lead to math!

1. When someone says that an equation is simple

My brain has decided that it is in fact, not simple.

2. When my little cousin asks me questions about math

I don't tell him that it's not important, but I do tell him that it's not important to me.

3. Whenever I look to my friends for help on an equation/problem

If my friends read this, just know that's exactly how you look at me and I feel all of the offense.

4. When the equation says to find a specific variable

I wish that I could just do that.

5. When my mom asks me what my grade in math class is

She knows the struggle I feel in this subject, so she already knows the answer when she asks.

6. When I forget my calculator, but I need it to do simple math

I used to be able to long divide and multiply like a boss. Can't do it anymore.

7. For future reference when my children ask me to help them in math

Gif says it all.

8. When the entire class fails the test

We love our teacher, but hate the test.

9. When its going on hour 6 of me studying for the math exam

My test has a blank space that won't be filled in.

10. When I get back to my room after a test

I either passed or failed it; either way it goes, I did it with confidence.