To My Sons And Daughters Struggling To Hear My Voice

My Sons And Daughters Who Struggle To Hear My Voice This Season, I Am With You

I know you are in a trying season, but you are not alone.

310
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41452277_10216113518609547_3256415277222461440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2f6a99f1142919877296a2ac1602e22a&oe=5C300207

Dear Sons and Daughters,

I am with you. Let's start there because I think you read that and glossed over it.

I AM WITH YOU.

Hold on to that for a minute.

Amanda Holt

There are seasons in your life you feel closest to me and seasons where you feel you couldn't be any farther. There are even seasons where you're in between. Your heart and your discipline may be there, but I'm telling you to wait a little longer. I know that frustrates you, but I promise you will see an end to this season, it won't last forever.

Regardless of what season you are in and whether you know it or not, I am with you.

Do you really think you're the only one who has ever felt like this? People have been questioning my voice and struggling to hear me long before you.

David, the man after my own heart, was in a similar season. A season where he continually sought me and his hand would stretch out without wearying, but his soul would refuse to be comforted. He remembered me and would meditate, but his spirit would faint. (Psalm 77:2-3 ESV) The season was too exhausting and he saw no way out.

I know you know how David felt because you're feeling it now.

Remember that he questioned me too. David wrote, "Will the Lord spurn forever, and never again be favorable? Has his steadfast love forever ceased? Are his promises at an end for all time? Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has he in anger shut up his compassion?" (Psalm 77:7-9 ESV)

And while I know you know this, let me remind you: My steadfast love never ceases. My promises are everlasting and my promises don't exclude you. You are promised by me. I have not forgotten to be gracious or compassionate. I have not forgotten you.

I know it feels like that's the furthest from the truth, but remember that truth is not based on how you feel. Cling to the knowledge that I AM THE TRUTH (John 14:6 ESV).

I never promised a perfect life. I promised that I will never leave you (Hebrews 13: 5 ESV).

I know you're feeling tired, useless, and impatient. You're struggling with meaning and purpose for your life. Many others did too.

You think you will never live up to the calling I have for you and yet, you complain about the season that you're in now. The season that I have set aside and designated for you as a time for mourning, healing, building, embracing, and searching. Additionally, it's a time for you to be silent and learn to hear my voice and my peace in the midst of this war you're in. In time, you will see that I am preparing you (Ecclesiastes 3: 2-11 ESV).

Because I haven't left you. I am still here.

So when you're tired, I am with you.

When you feel useless, I am with you.

When you feel like the waiting is endless, I am with you.

Amanda Holt

I am with you wherever you're at. I am never far from you. You have direct access to me. That means you can cry aloud to me, and I will hear you (Psalm 77:1 ESV).

I hear you.

I see you.

I am here.

And in case you need to hear it again, I love you with an everlasting steadfast love.