What's The Hype Of The Popular 'Strawberry Dress' Spreading Across Social Media?

"The Dress of the Summer"

85
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6RWtaEHQpM/?igshid=7962a5mcutgh

To fully understand this famous strawberry dress I must first introduce the aesthetic which it falls into. As you know TikTok has blown up this year with endless dance trends to funny skits to fashion trends. On the fashion side of TikTok, many people have been expressing their personal aesthetic, which is different versions of beauty. One of the many is Cottagecore, an aesthetic defined by rural bliss. Image a kind of magical, earthy image of a girl running in a long dress by a field of grass. Cottagecore focuses more on the return to traditional skills and crafts such as foraging, baking, and pottery, and is related to similar nostalgic aesthetic movements such as grandmacore, farmcore, goblincore and faeriecore. With these ideals, the infamous "Strawberry dress" fits perfectly in this category.

Lirika Matoshi's $490 tea dress made of pink tulle, with a deep V-neckline, ruffles along the calf-length hem, a cinched waisted, and red sequin strawberry embellishments became one of the top google searches in July and August. This self-made fashion designer started her own fashion line in 2016 at age 20 in New York. She started on Etsy with tights but expanded to apparel and accessories. The Lirika Matoshi brand is currently made up of 100% women and operates out of a New York City and a Kosovo factory which Lirika and her sisters started from scratch. The Lirika Matoshi womenswear label is both effortlessly romantic and intrinsically sophisticated—adding a hint of sparkle to any everyday outfit. It is understandable why so many people have taken a fancy to her apparel. It also helps that the Strawberry dress is available up to a size 20 which is rare for fancy dresses from indie brands.

Though the dress was first created in July 2019 and featured in many magazines and wore by a few famous people like Tess Holliday the dresses popularity boomed the last few months. Despite being in a global pandemic it doesn't stop people from buying such a dress.

And if you are wondering here is the website of said dress so go at it...

https://lirikamatoshi.com/collections

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7932...