Huarache NM 'Scream Green': The Coveted Nike Release From 2015 That You'll Want In 2016

An after summer review.

36
End Clothing

Reminiscent of Nike’s 1991 Air Huaraches, after months of waiting, the Huarache Natural Models were finally released in the U.S around August 2015 (although they were originally estimated to hit State markets around May). While many rejoiced after letting out sighs of relief, the prolonged release did come with a catch- U.S. releases did not come in as many colorways as oversea releases did.

When I first saw regular Huaraches, I did think they were dope, but they did not seem dope enough for me to consider putting money down for them until I saw the Poison Green/Scream Green version (pictured above). Once I saw the Poison Green variation of the Huarache NMs however, I knew those were the Huaraches that really deserved my investment. And so I saved the picture of the shoes to my gallery and ensued upon an extended period of patience for the NMs to hit U.S. markets. When they finally did, it really was no surprise that the Poison Greens I wanted weren’t in stock locally.

What local and online shops did have in stock were the Bold Berry and Emerald colorway but… no thanks.

So, I ended up biting the bullet and ordering my pair overseas from End. I did so at the right time too because I literally bought the last Poison Green pair in stock. The NMs really did not disappoint and were worth the wait because when I say they are the comfiest shoes I have ever tried on, I do mean the absolute comfiest.

Cushioned atop a thick white sole with a meshed toe and a rubber heel cage reading ‘Nike,’ the Huarache NMs are extremely lightweight and just as easy on the eyes as they are on feet. The construction is like the Roshe Runs times two; the sleekness, the coziness, and the natural fitting structure of NMs are what the Roshes were, but amplified. The rope lacing scheme is perhaps the most interesting part of the shoe however.

Although regular Huaraches were notorious for running half a size small, and even a full size in some cases, the Huarache NMs run true to size, and many sneaker reviews corroborate with this. I went up half a size with mine, but only because that’s all that was available, and the fit is great. With socks on (I had on thick Nike socks when they first came and do tend to wear them with such) the fit is snug and nice, real comfy. Without socks, the fit is still great; they don’t look floppy and an unnecessarily large amount of space in the toe area isn’t there. I feel like I’m constantly stepping on pillows to be honest.

I have owned my pair for nearly a year now, and am still satisfied with my purchase. If you ask me though, the best NM colorway is the all white version. I still look at pictures of it from time to time and am in awe. The dark grey is fire too.

Monochrome themes just look too good with the shoes.