Why HQ Is One Of The Best Trivia Apps Around

It's like a pub trivia quiz that you can play from the comfort of your own couch.

71
Instagram

I first learned about HQ through an article on this very website, and I'll admit I was skeptical at first. The idea of a live trivia app where you could win actual money seemed a little sketchy at first. But when a friend recommended it a couple months later, I had to see what all the fuss was about.

I was basically hooked after my first game. I quickly learned that HQ trivia was not only a legitimate competition with real cash prizes but also way more popular than I originally thought. Their 9 PM games typically start with around a million players from all over the globe, each hoping their trivia knowledge will be enough to get them through all twelve rounds of the game to split the cash prize at the end.

There are two games per day, lasting for twelve rounds each. The cash prize varies per game from a couple thousand dollars to a quarter of a million. The questions cover a vast array of general knowledge, from movies to science to sports, so there is definitely something for everyone. Granted, I have yet to actually go all the way and win the prize myself, but I usually learn something from every question I miss, which can be just as valuable.

The app also gives you the ability to chat with other players during the game, so even though you only have ten seconds to answer each question, you can still look to see what other people think the answer is. This makes it kind of like a pub trivia quiz that you can play from the comfort of your own couch, which for a nerdy introvert like me is pretty much the best part.

Even if you have no interest in the trivia aspect of the game and just want to win the cash, I think this is one bandwagon that's worth jumping on, and I don't say that very often.