How you will feel during your first week in the DCP

So many emotions, so little time.

24
thewallpaper.co

The moment is here. The moment we have been waiting for all our life. We are going to work at Walt Disney World (or Land). This is a dream come true to so many people, but what outsiders don't realize, is that the first week you aren't even considered cast members yet. The first week is a mixture of so many different emotions. Let me just help you understand a little.

1. When you meet your roommates

The people who you haven't seen other than through a computer screen are now standing in front of you. There is no better feeling than meeting your roommates for the first time and instantly falling in love. Its a good feeling knowing that you picked grade-A roommates to live with.

2. When you have to actually unload your car and now find a place to put everything

Remember how it seemed like a great idea to bring those 20 coffee cups? Yeah, it wasn't. You never realize how much stuff you actually have until you have to find a space for it, with 7 other girls living here. Not only do you have to find a place to put all of your stuff, but you need a place for all your suitcases and boxes. Good luck.

3. When you find out your work location

In case you don't know much about the program, they keep you kind of in the dark about a lot of things, work location included. That moment that you find out is such relief and excitement, its indescribable. If it is FantasyLand at Magic Kingdom, or Housekeeping at the Pop Century, every bit of it is magical. When you find out your location, your basically in a room with 20-30 other people, so it's really embarrassing when you begin to cry because of your excitement.

4. When you meet people from all over the world

You here that foreign accent, and quickly turn around. Thats right. You just met someone from overseas. A dream come true? Absolutely. Now you basically need to attempt to be best friends with this person. My suggestion is to just go to the World Showcase in EPCOT and find friends from all of those countries. Learning about new cultures is what makes this program so great.

5. When you are attempting to learn your way around

The laundry facility, the mailbox, the clubhouse, the bus stop, your aparment. It is all new and now you are in charge of finding it. Thankfully, you will have other roommates to get lost with, but you will get lost and you will be confused. I'd leave early.

6. When you realize this is your life now

Wait, you mean I actually get to live and work at the most magical place on earth? It is an unbelievable feeling to know that you were given this kind of opportunity. Enjoy it for everything that its worth.