How You Know It's Tornado Season In Oklahoma

People who don't live in tornado alley just don't understand.

1868
mediad.publicbroadcasting.net

Oklahoma is known for it’s crazy, bipolar weather. It can be sunny and 75 at the beginning of the day and then raining with a chance of tornados after 12 p.m. Here are 10 ways you know it’s officially tornado season in good ole’ Oklahoma.

1. The sky starts to have that weird, greenish-yellow color, like the Sepia filter.

2. People start to post the famous "I ain't scared of no nader's!" meme on all their social media.

3. Suddenly you can't watch your favorite shows anymore without a news channel interrupting it every 5 minutes to update you on how the weather is doing.

4. You see David Payne more often than your favorite TV show characters.

5. You see people sitting on their porches or standing outside, ready to storm watch.

6. Or you see them driving around, trying to be a storm chaser.

7. Hearing your city hall testing out tornado sirens on random days has become something that you're use to.

8. EVERYONE starts to post about possible tornadoes in your area on social media.

9. People who didn't grow up in Oklahoma freak out when we are in a tornado watch.

10. You understand the meaning of phrases like "Doppler radar," "We've got power flashes," and "Val on the Getner," and are use to hearing them regularly during tornado season.