How Working Out Changed My Life

How Working Out Changed My Life

"I am working on myself for myself by myself".

129
How Working Out Changed My Life
Google Images

I have relied on many things in my life to feel happy and complete, some healthy and some unhealthy. I recently discovered the power of exercise, and how important it is in our lives, but more specifically my life.

In high school, I played volleyball up until my senior year, and it always had a way of making me feel good about myself. I lost a great amount of love for the sport shortly after, and began going to the gym. I have been working out religiously for two years now, and I can wholeheartedly say it has been one the best decisions I have ever made for the following reasons:

1. Alone Time: All day we are surrounded by people... strangers, and those we know. Being around loved ones is a great comfort, but we need to spend time with ourselves, to think and to get to know ourselves... to discover our true potential. When I go to the gym at night I decompress and think about everything I faced that day, and what I accomplished. Even though I am among other individuals at the gym, I am also on my own, and it is the greatest feeling.

2. Progression: The great thing about working out is that it accomplishes something in itself. You can literally see the hard work you have put in on your body. I like to track my progress in pictures, and it gives me a great sense of confidence that I would not otherwise have. Instead of comparing myself to others, I am able to compare myself to myself.

3. Health Benefits: Since working out I have felt more energized and alive. I feel complete, and in tune with body. I have not fallen ill but once a year with the flu. I've developed muscle and lost weight. My sleep has also improved greatly without the help of sleep aids, and I am able to wake up earlier without a problem. All in all I feel much better physically than I ever have in my short life.

I wrote this article in hopes of influencing my readers to join me on a fitness journey, and feel better physically and mentally without the use of unhealthy "crutches". Stop comparing yourselves to others, and become the best version of yourself.