How to Throw the Ultimate Winter Bash

As the year starts to come to an end, make sure you find the time to have some fun as well.

And there really is no better time to celebrate than by throwing the ultimate winter bash. From inviting your colleagues over for a post-work party to hosting a merry and festive get together with your friends or family for an all-day affair.

But with only a bit more time left in the year, you will want to start getting organized and having it marked on everyone’s calendars. There is already a lot going on this holiday season. From Christmas carols to skiing holidays, December tends to fill out fast for everyone. But if you are able to throw the ultimate winter bash, you can rest assured that people will clear their diaries to be able to attend.

So how do you go about actually throwing the ultimate winter bash? And most importantly, how do you ensure that everyone has a fabulous time?

While there is a lot that goes into party planning, it certainly does not have to be a stressful affair. In fact, you can nail down the ultimate winter bash with just a few simple party hacks. Which is what we are here to help with.

We’ve gathered up the ultimate tips on how to create the ultimate get together to end the year while equally ensuring that the stress is kept to a minimum. Because parties are meant to be fun, and the host should always be enjoying it the most.

1. Select a Convenient Date

The date is a crucial part of the party planning puzzle that you will want to nail down upfront. Because most people have very full calendars this time of year, you will want to try and pick a date that most of your guests will be able to RSVP to. So, while weekends are the dates that everyone wants to book, consider doing a less common day such as a Monday or a Tuesday. That way you will get more people showing up and contributing to creating a great atmosphere.

2. Decide on a Theme

Do you want to go for a whimsical out of this world Christmas theme and transport guests to another world? Or do you want to go elegant and posh and make it more of a black-tie affair? Whatever direction you decide to go in, make sure to stick to that theme and ensure that all your decorations and decision making in general support it. Consistency is key when it comes to getting the theming right for your ultimate winter holiday bash.

3. Prepare Food in Advance

The budget that you have for your party will ultimately dictate the direction of the type of food that you will be providing. But in general, you will want to have the logistics and menu nailed down at least a few days out in advance. If you are planning on doing a lot of the culinary preparation on your own, consider going for simple finger food menu items such as a cheese roll that simply needs to be placed in the oven or Caprese salads on a stick. And if you are able to have a bit more room in the budget, definitely consider getting your event catered It will not only take away a ton of the stress but also ensure that guests are blown away by the food they are getting. Hangry guests can instantly kill any holiday party vibe, so avoid this happening at all costs by serving more food than necessary. Oh, and on a final note when it comes to preparing food for your event, make sure that you check the dietary requirements of your guests in advance so you can cater to those specifically.

4. Go Big on Alcohol

Just as no one ever wants to be hungry at an event, you also do not want to have the alcohol dry up halfway through what is looking to be a promising night. A great trick for this is to always buy extra alcohol in advance, knowing that you can either return it after the party or keep it stocked up for another bash you throw in the new year. While wines and beers are always an easy go-to, do not forget the other fan favorite spirits such as whiskey or mezcal. Whatever your bar menu shapes up to be, make it a goal of yours that no guest at your bash is ever without an empty glass in their hands.

5. Create an Atmosphere Through Music

This one is also important for any party, large or small. To avoid awkward silence and ensure that there is always at least a subtle buzz happening at your bash, pre-plan your music selection before the big evening. A quick and easy way to do this is by setting up your Spotify account to a Bluetooth speaker. You can even pre-select playlists that have already been created for holiday parties. Or, consider surprising guests with classy jazz vinyl that brings back classics from James Dean or the Rat Pack. Of course, if the budget does allow, you can also bring in a DJ or live band to take care of all your musical needs.

6. Give Out Gifts

To really get people into the mood of Christmas, make time for gift giving at your party. You can play traditional games like White Elephant or Secret Santa, asking guests to get involved and creative ahead of the party. These games always bring out creative gifts, with everything from cat cbd to a Nintendo Switch being given out. You could also get creative with gifts that you give all the guests as well—such as a bespoke Christmas ornament or even a bottle of wine. But nothing quite makes a holiday party feel festive like the spirit of giving.

7. Dance the Night Away

Once the alcohol gets flowing, it likely will not take long for the alcohol to get going amongst the guests. That is why you should pre-plan out the designated dance area and make sure there are hours worth of tunes so people can dance the night away. And this includes you too. As the host who has put so much time and effort into the event, you deserve to let loose on the dance floor and have a fabulous time.

Throwing the ultimate holiday bash is something that you can certainly achieve—on any budget! All it takes is a little bit of planning and time commitment and you will be able to go down in the books as a legendary party thrower.

Top things to keep in mind for creating a special bash is to ensure you have plenty of food and alcohol, have pre-planned the music and dance floor, have locked in a date that your guests can attend and decide how you will get your guests excited about the holidays though a gift-giving or exchange.

And remember, the holidays are about spending time with the people you care about most. So you don’t have to invite a million people to achieve a memorable event. Just invite the ones who you care about and care about you back—and it is sure to be a night to remember!