How to Throw the Perfect Friendsgiving

How to Throw the Perfect Friendsgiving

17

We’ve all heard of it, seen pictures and maybe even been a part one. But what exactly is “Friendsgiving?” 

According to Urban Dictionary, Friendsgiving is defined as, “The celebration of Thanksgiving dinner with your friends. This usually occurs on the Wednesday before or the Friday after Thanksgiving Day, since Thanksgiving is usually reserved for family gatherings.” Now that we know what Friendsgiving is, the real question is how do you make your gathering one for the books? 

If you are planning on hosting a Friendsgiving celebration, this year, here are a few tips that will help make yours a success.

1. Decide ahead of time who will be hosting, cooking, and bringing items. There is nothing worse than having too many cooks in the kitchen, too many chiefs and not enough Indians, too many people bringing the stuffing and not enough dessert… you get the idea. Before you invite your guests to your Friendsgiving celebration, make sure you have already planned jobs for those who need them. This will make the rest of the day go smoothly and make it more fun for everyone. PS: use paper products. No one likes doing the dishes… it’s okay to forget about being environmentally friendly for a day. 

2. Make a solid guest list. To make your Friendsgiving a success, make sure you remember to invite those who will make your event fun and enjoyable. Have a few friends who don’t get along and you don’t know who to invite? Easy. Put them at opposite ends of the table. Everyone gets invited and there aren’t any awkward mishaps in the buffet line.

3. Dress to impress. What better way to spend your Thanksgiving break than picking out a solid filter and caption to go with your Friendsgiving insta? Make sure you wear your best outfit so you aren’t the one ruining the picture with a tshirt and leggings. 

With these tips in mind, you will be sure to have the best Friendsgiving on the block. Be sure to take multiple pictures of the food, fun and of course your friends. Because what’s Friendsgiving without an insta-pic to prove it happened?