6 Ways To Avoid Completely Losing Your Mind In Quarantine

That is if you haven't already lost your mind.

28
Photo by cottonbro from Pexels

It is no secret that quarantine can make you a little stir crazy. Being isolated for about two months now, I know I have had my fair share of ups and downs while trying to deal with the current circumstances. While watching TikToks and Netflix certainly kills a lot of time, it often leaves me feeling lousy, especially if it seems to be the only thing I have done all day. If you find yourself without a summer job this summer or just weary from not seeing your friends, here are a few ideas to keep yourself sane in quarantine.

Treat Yourself!

Photo by Breakingpic from Pexels

This one might seem pretty obvious, but sometimes we are so stressed about everything going on that we forget to actually set aside time to pamper ourselves. Be intentional about all of this "me time" that quarantine might be giving you. Run a bath, put on a face mask (no not THAT mask!), and paint your nails. Seriously, you do deserve it. Being home all the time does not mean you should skip out on a little at-home spa.

Give Someone A Sweet Surprise

Photo by Pixabay from Pexels

There are so many ways you can surprise your friends and neighbors, even while still social distancing. Depending on the restrictions in your state, you may be able to order or pick up some treats or even bake your own goods for your friends. Then, you can be your very own delivery service. Leave your friends with a sweet surprise at their doorstep. Don't forget your mask!

Resurrect Old Hobbies

Photo by Marko Blazevic from Pexels

One of my favorite things to do during quarantine is doing hobbies that I used to do all of the time that I never had time for during school. From rereading an old book series to painting to kicking a soccer ball around in the backyard, there is something very simple and happy about doing things that used to never fail to make you smile.

Go To Bed

Photo by Ivan Oboleninov from Pexels

Yes, that's right. You heard me. Go to bed. Now, I know I shouldn't talk because I have had my fair share of late nights in quarantine, but I have come to realize that there really is no point in staying up so late, especially in quarantine. In addition, it seems that many teens, including me, have been having more strange and very vivid dreams due to the stress from our world's current state. Going to bed and waking up at a consistent time has helped me out in this respect, too.

Be Honest With Your Friends & Family

Photo by Fox from Pexels

If there is anyone who is going to understand you most, it's your friends and family. If you are feeling low, let them know. Sometimes you just need someone to listen and relate to you.

Music Heals

Photo by Burst from Pexels

Music can completely turn your mood around. Upbeat music to get your day going, some tunes to dance to while you are cooking, motivational beats for your at-home workout— you name it. Even sad music when you are feeling down might help you feel better, too.

Hang in there and remember: This too shall pass!