7 Easy Tips For Having More Organization In Your Everyday Life

All the tools I use to stay organized.

27

Staying organized can be difficult, especially when you have a lot of positions, classes, and clubs that you participate in. These are just a few of the ways I stay organized and don't lose my mind.

1. Planner

Planner

https://pixabay.com/en/agenda-note-book-schedule-planner-3489747/

A planner is the number one way to stay organized. You can literally write everything in here including important dates and assignments. Nothing feels better than crossing off an item I've completed in my planner.

2. Calendar

Calendar

https://pixabay.com/en/calendar-month-year-date-datetime-159098/

Now I know this seems redundant to have a planner and a calendar but trust me it helps. I have a wall calendar that I write all my important dates on and I can see how many days are left in the month or until a certain day. It's so much easier to see dates both in my planner and on my wall calendar.

3. Sticky Notes

Sticky Note Mural

https://pixabay.com/en/stickies-post-it-list-business-2852375/

Use these and put them everywhere you will see them. I usually have one on my computer with all the assignments I need to get done as well as one by my calendar with contact information and reminders. They are quick and easy ways to remind yourself of important information.

4. To Do List

To Do

https://pixabay.com/en/checklist-check-list-marker-2077019/

I always write down everything I have to do for the week on a piece of paper that I carry with me. This helps me keep my assignments together and allow me to ensure that everything gets done and turned in on time.

5. Notebook for Every Class

Notebook

https://pixabay.com/en/writing-writer-notes-pen-notebook-923882/

Do not try to have one notebook for all of your classes. It will not work and you will forget something or mix up assignments, especially if you are like me and have multiple classes in one subject. Having separate notebooks allows you to focus on one thing at a time.

6. Folders for Important Papers

Folders

While it doesn't have to be this elaborate, at least have one folder for all the important documents in your life. I usually have one for school documents and one for my personal files like certificates and billing statements and anything else that could be deemed important.

7. Keep Your Workspace Clean

Desk

https://pixabay.com/en/apple-chair-computer-desk-keyboard-1834328/

If your desk is a mess, your life will be the same way. You are more likely to lose important pieces of information if your workspace is a mess. Keep it neat and tidy and you will be able to work efficiently.

These are just a few of the ways I have found to stay organized. They all help me feel saner and get my work done to the best of my ability.