To The Girl Who's Always Busy

To The Girl Who's Always Busy

I have never known what it's like to sit and do nothing, I have always been busy and on the go but I truly wouldn't have it any other way. So here I am writing this not only to share what it's like but as a reminder to myself, here's some advice to girls just like me…

214

Breathe.

Sit back and breathe. That is one thing I wish someone would have told me. Don't overwork yourself, leave some me time in your schedule, I promise it will all work out. You may not see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it is there - timing is everything.

I have always had a busy schedule, trying to balance school, work, homework, social life, family time. If it wasn't one thing it was another. You feel like you never slow down. You basically live out of your car and always apologize when someone gets in because half of your closet is in there. You feel like you have to make plans well in advance just so you can make sure it happens and something else doesn't get in the way. And then once in a blue moon when you do get a second of free time, you feel like you should be doing something, so you get up and go do - sound familiar?

Haha yeah, that's me. I've gotten to the point if I have a "lazy day," I feel guilty. I should be doing something, cleaning, making a list, something at least.

But you know what? It's okay to be busy. It's okay to always be on the go - but it's also okay to carve a little time out of your hectic weeks for some "me time." Even if it is 20 minutes.

From waking up to doing your night time routine, your day is usually packed full of things to do - I get it. Busy is a good thing, but remember to take care of yourself. That's one thing it took me 21 years to learn, taking care of yourself is so important.

Think about it - you can't conquer the day when you don't treat yo' self every once and while.

With that being said, the busy girl with her car a mess, coffee in her hand, scatterbrained and running 100 miles per hour - you do you, girlfriend. You got this, nothing can slow you down.

And remember, any girl is unstoppable with a coffee (or tea if you prefer) in her hand, and Jesus in her heart!