I Read 14 Books In One Month, Ask Me Anything
Books Lit

Yes, you read that right.

79
Photo by iam Se7en on Unsplash

Yes, you read that right. I, somehow, managed to read 14 books in the month of April. Pretty impressive, even for myself. So, what did I do differently this month? Well, for starters, I didn't finish every book I picked up. I had a book on me at all times and I read every chance I had. And 14 books were the result.

1. Carry a book everywhere.

Whether it's on your phone or a hardcopy, there's always downtime between classes, during work, or in public. It's nice to have something to do besides being stuck on your phone, aimlessly scrolling through Twitter or Instagram.

2. Choose to read, instead of watching Netflix or YouTube.

I believe I've read so many books because I chose to read instead of mindlessly watching TV.

3. Listen to books.

Audiobooks are my new favorite thing. I can listen to books doing anything: driving, working out, cooking. I've found they're great for background noise, too, like when I'm doing my homework.

4. Get books from your local library.

Books can be expensive, unfortunately. A library is a great place to pick up a couple of books for a few weeks. Some libraries even have apps where you can rent eBooks, which makes carrying books around that much easier. A good majority of the books I read these days are on my phone!

5. Buy books from discounted websites, on sale, or at thrift shops.

Again, books can be expensive. Other great places to save money are at thrift shops and on discounted websites. Thrift shops are one of my favorite places to buy books. They're super cheap and usually not completely ruined either. Using online websites are another great place to find books, but they can take a few days to come in. Also, you can never beat a sale at a big retail store!

6. Don't overwhelm yourself.

Don't read too many books at once and don't pressure yourself to read as many books as possible. Make your reading goals attainable. Enjoy the books you read, it makes reading that much easier.

7. If you don't like a book, don't keep reading it.

I've spent too much time reading books I don't like, just for the sake of saying I've finished the book. I always hope the ending is amazing and makes the book worth it, but the majority of the time, it's just a disappointment. Moral of the story, don't waste your time on books you don't like.