How College Kids Procrastinate On Studying
Education

7 Things College Kids Do To Procrastinate On Studying

As finals week approaches, the urge to procrastinate and binge-watch Netflix grows every day.

70

If there were a college major in procrastination, I think most college kids would have one. College comes with a much greater amount of freedom than high school, but that freedom does not come without its own challenges. Work can pile up quickly without us noticing, and before we know it, we are drowning in forgotten assignments and projects.

Despite that, procrastination can sometimes feel nearly impossible to stop. Us college kids have become masterful at finding ways to avoid doing our work, so I decided I would share some. Here are 7 things college kids do to procrastinate on studying.

1. Being REALLY thorough with the dishes

This is a great one because it still makes you feel productive even though you're deliberately avoiding the work you're supposed to be doing.

2. Baking for friends/family

Image result for baking

This is another great one because you get that wonderful altruistic feeling when you do something nice for someone else. That way, you know that you're a good person even if you fail your finals.

3. Browsing Netflix/HBO Go/Amazon Video

Image result for watching tv

This is probably the most common form of procrastination. After all, what is better than curling up on the couch and discovering an awesome new show?

4. Checking emails again. And again. And again.

Image result for checking email

Checking emails is a great way to feel like you're working without actually doing any work.

5. Calling family members to catch up

Image result for talking on the phone at home

Why study when you could call your mom's sister's husband's uncle? Family comes first, after all.

6. Planning your future summer vacation

Image result for vacation

Summer is almost upon us, so we should probably start planning now. Therefore, it is completely fine to spend time coordinating our trips on travelocity instead of studying.

7. Scanning the job market

Related image

This is a great way to try to find motivation for studying. When you find your dream job, maybe it will make schoolwork seem a little less horrible.