How To Prepare For A Hurricane Like A Local

Virginia Beach locals know the correct way to get hurricane ready.

404
Southern ways

Yes, I said it - Virginia Beach locals are experts in preparing for hurricanes. Want proof?

VB locals in Hurricane Irene How to Hurricane Like VBPinterest

There are many ways to hurricane, but the way we hurricane around here is pro status. First and foremost, you must remember that pre-hurricane and post-hurricane bring the only waves that Virginia Beach ever sees. Which means the waves during the hurricane will kill us all because we are too stoked to remember that

Waveless Virginia Virginia Has No WavesFlickr

And the second most important thing to know if you want to hurricane the correct way is that you never evacuate. I've lived here my whole thirty-four years and my Mama moved to Virginia Beach with her family from the Philippines when she was ten. Our family has never evacuated and most of us are still around to tell you so.

Hurricane Survival Southern Word of the DayPinterest

So how else do you hurricane like the 757?

Surviving the hurricane is not the issue. It's your family.

Hurricane meme Hurricane survival Pinterest

To help saves lives, remember what your washer is really for.

Hurricane Tip Hold my beer Pinterest

We will take a kayak to the store, but it's completely different when work calls.

Bosses be like It's just a floodPinterest

Now remember, you can't lie and claim that you evacuated because otherwise

Hurricane Survival Locals don't evacuateMEME

And it wouldn't matter anyway because every boss in VB has this

Bosses be like Hurricane Office ProceduresPinterest

Going out into a hurricane at your own risk is completely acceptable*. But when dolphins are knocking on your windows or trampolines appear in your backyard, these are tell-tale signs that the hurricane is trying to lure you out so you, too, can become an object displaced at random.

Hurricane Survival Trickster HurricanePinterest

*Note that I did not say safe - acceptable, not safe

A very important tip that is not up for debate

Hurricane Tips Don't listen to RosePinterest

And I'll leave you with this last bit of information to remind you that hurricanes have feelings, too

Hurricane Drama If hurricanes were Mean GirlsPinterest