How to Pass the CLEP Pre-Calculus Exam

How to Pass the CLEP Pre-Calculus Exam

Pass your CLEP Pre-Calculus Exam by following the simple tips

503
college exams

The Precalculus test measures a student's knowledge of the skills and ideas needed to succeed in a first-semester calculus course. The exam spends a significant amount of time assessing a student's grasp of functions and their characteristics. Several of the questions assess a student's understanding of the characteristics of linear, quadratic, absolute value, square root, polynomial, rational, exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric, inverse trigonometric, and piecewise-defined functions. These sorts of functions will be presented conceptually, visually, orally, or in tabular form in test questions. Thorough knowledge of these functions is at the heart of all precalculus courses, and it is required for enrollment in calculus and other college-level mathematics courses.

The test consists of 48 questions divided into two portions that must be answered in 90 minutes.

Why Should You Take CLEP Exams?

college life

More than 2,900 U.S. universities provide students passing CLEP examinations a course credit. Many colleges accept just certain CLEP exam scores, however, while other schools accept none. The College Board maintains a college credit database for CLEP examinations but looks for the latest information on the website of your university.

Every CLEP examination costs $89, plus administrative charges. A 3-credit university course cost on average $1,677 in 2020. This implies testing university classes can save hundreds of dollars in tuition for certain individuals. In addition, members of the military service may qualify for their CLEP examinations free of charge.
You can also get support from the CLEP.

Are CLEP Pre-calculus tests tough? 

Are CLEP Prec-calculus tests tough? 34 examinations are conducted in five fields of study: literature and writing, foreign languages, history, and social studies, science and mathematics, and businesses.

Most of the questions in the CLEP Pre-calculus Examination are multiple choices. However, some examinations also allow students to fill in responses. It's not too hard to pass the clep precalculus exam. I didn't CLEP calculus 1 but I passed the CLEP test for pre-calculus without a problem, and only with about a week's worth of studying the College Board CLEP preparation book. To be honest, I didn't even really study the book all that much, I mostly studied a professor's notes online that I had found. In my opinion, even now as an Engineer, calculus 1 is easier than pre-calculus.

Make sure you just have a clear understanding of trigonometry, functions, and basic pre-calculus principles. You will be expected to solve derivatives, a few anti-derivatives, and interpret a lot of graphical functions.

Are there study guides for CLEP exams?

You want to use all the materials the College Board provides you with when studying for the CLEP test. A CLEP Pre-calculus Examination Guide is accessible online at a very affordable cost (about. $10-24 per) for each examination. You may also read the CLEP Resource Guide on Study.com that has all the information on the CLEP examinations you need to know about.

Search for a helpful pre-calculus study guide because the clep precalculus study guide is a powerful tool — it gives you a detailed description of what the examination will cover. Even if you use other resources to prepare for the test, the official study guide on the CLEP website will clearly lay out the scope of the content for you.

Concentrate Actively While Studying

Studying is an act of reading stuff over and again for some people. For certain pupils, this approach works if you have a lot of memorizing and extremely excellent recall. This approach is entirely unsuccessful for most pupils, however, if the examination is to be prepared.

You must push your brain to utilize the material for something so that it is actively learned in order to remember the content. Ultimately, it will be more beneficial in the long term to use the resources to develop your own study materials. Use additional materials accessible on the CLEP website, for example, to develop your own testing guide.