How To Paint A Perfect Picture

How To Paint A Perfect Picture

Step one: don't.

218
How To Paint A Perfect Picture
Youtube

I think that in some shape or form, we are all artists. I've always loved art. I love that it's abstract, thought out yet spontaneous, and how there are times where a simple piece of artwork could make you feel something in the depths of your heart.

Now, let me get this straight, I'm not a painter. I couldn't give you any advice on how to operate a pottery wheel. The closest I've ever been to that sort of artist is the artist career card in the game of LIFE. There are all different artists in our world today. Art can literally be anything and anywhere depending on the person viewing it.

I like to believe that our lives tend to make our own artwork along the way, and as I've come to find out, sometimes the piece of art we may have envisioned isn't always what's seen before our very eyes.

But that doesn't mean it's any less beautiful.

I'm a perfectionist artist, a perfection-artist if you may. Over the course of my life, I've tried painting a picture that was worthwhile. I've tried painting my own idea of beautiful, even if that's not the beautiful that I was supposed to paint. There are days when I'm trying and trying and trying to bring my picture to life, and I make a wrong brush stroke. Instead of going along with the mishap, I end up abandoning the work I've invested for so long, in the hopes that maybe if I start over again, I can finally get it right. I can finally see my painting as beautiful. I will finally see a masterpiece.

More realistically, over the course of my life, I've tried being a friend, a daughter, a sister, or even just a person that's worthwhile. I've tried molding myself to be the person that other people want, even if that's not the person I was supposed to be. There are days in my life when I'm trying and trying and trying to be the best person I can be, and I make a mistake. Instead of going along with the mishap, I end up abandoning the person I've invested in for so long, in the hopes that maybe if I start over again and change some aspects about myself, I can finally get it right. I can finally see myself as beautiful. I will finally see the masterpiece I could be.

The thing about art is that there are plenty of paintings with unintended brush strokes.

The thing about people is that there are plenty of days with unintended mistakes.

Don't abandon the masterpiece in progress.

Don't dwell on the past mistakes.

Be brave enough to finish what you start instead of abandoning ship every time a trial comes your way. Your canvas speaks volumes about who you are, and there are people who are going to look at the picture you've painted and think, "my favorite part of this picture is *insert wrong brushstroke*." Everybody makes mistakes. That brush stroke has character, and as long as you can look back at your canvas and see how far you've come since the mishap, that's a picture that was worthwhile. You're a person that is worthwhile. Not all people can see that, but the right ones will. Keep painting your masterpiece.

"God created you in His very own image. He looks past your mistakes and He looks right at you and says, “There’s my masterpiece. That’s my son. That’s my daughter.” --Joel Osteen