How to Improve Education For Students as a Teacher

4 Ways That I Would Make Education Better For Students as a Teacher

If I were a teacher, I would put the students' welfare in front of their academics.

16
https://www.maxpixel.net/Smiling-College-Female-Teacher-Student-1280975

Some schools have unreasonable regulations. These unreasonable regulations make education look troublesome to the students. They show that teachers and school administrators are too lazy to find solutions to problems. They also show that teachers and school administrators are scared of getting sued by others outside of their schools. If I were a teacher, I would put the students' welfare in front of their academics. Here are some unreasonable regulations that I would improve as a teacher.

1. Being unable to take off your sweater on a hot school day

One of the sisters faced an unreasonable incident on a hot school day. My sister wanted to take her sweater off. However, her teacher told her to not take off her sweater. The teacher probably thought that it was bad for students to take off their sweaters because it violated the dress code. My sister did as she said. As a result, she got a bloody nose and had to go to the nurse's office. She came home with clothes that were stained with blood. When she recalled this memory recently, my mother was furious. Why would a teacher not allow a student to take off his or her sweater on a hot school day? My sister wore appropriate clothing under the sweater or coat. If my mother knew about this incident at the time when it happened, she would have gone to the school and yelled at the teacher for making my sister suffer in the heat.

If I were a teacher, I would make sure that the heat does not bother my students. If a student refuses to take off their sweater and gets a bloody nose, I hope that I would not get blamed for that. I would send an email to the parents about it to make sure everything is okay for me and the student. If a student violates the dress code to deal with the heat, I have to take action and send the student to the office. I would also contact the parents and see what we should for that student.

2. Water bottles and food policy

Some teachers and school administrators ban water bottles and food in the classroom. They are scared that they have to clean up the mess for the students. Students will be able to clean up their mess. To prevent spills, do not ban water bottles and food in the classroom. Just give students a certain time to eat and drink. Another alternative is putting their water bottles and food on the floor. Water bottles will be protected from the floor. Food wrappers like granola bars will protect the food as well. If the food cannot be protected, then students, teachers, or school administrators should bring a plastic bag or lunch bag to cover the food. This will prevent spills and accidents on desks and things on the desk like computers and test booklets. Students can just lean over to get their food and drinks. It sounds like a simple solution, but it is a solution that the teachers and school administrators do not make time to think of.

Maybe teachers and school administrators are scared that students are cheating by putting answers on their food and drinks. If that is the case, then teachers and school administrators should make sure none of the food and drinks have cheat codes on them. If there are cheat codes on the food and drink, confiscate the bag or bottle and put the food in another plastic bag. It may seem like a hassle, but just do it to ensure that the test is fair game.

3. Bathroom policy

Some teachers will not let students use the bathroom. It is told that toxic inside the body can harm it. Teachers and school administrators are scared that students will miss the material and are skipping class on purpose. Let's say that a student really needs to use the bathroom. The teacher is going through the notes. The teacher can write down what the student is missing and tell the student what he or she missed when they come back. The teacher can also have another student cover what the student is missing and share it with that student when he or she comes back from the bathroom. This will put education at ease for the teacher and the student who used the bathroom.

I remembered that there was a time when a student used the bathroom for half an hour. The student told the teacher that he had a bad stomachache. Unfortunately, the teacher banned the student from using the bathroom ever since that moment. My mother told me that was horrible. Bad stomachaches will happen once in a while. A student will take a long time in the bathroom once in a while. If this happens every day, then the teacher should take action to make sure that the student is alright or is purposely skipping class.

4. Cell phone policy

I understand that cell phones cannot be used during the test to prevent plagiarism. I understand that some teachers allow students to use their phone at the end of class to check out their grades and notifications. What should be done as well as have the students let the teacher know that they might get an emergency call or have to text someone at a certain time in class? Sometimes, these calls will happen and disrupt the class, but you never know if it is a real emergency. Students should be allowed to check out the caller ID. If it is a family member or job interviewer, then the student should answer the call.

As a teacher, my only wish for my students is to give them the best education in a healthy environment.