How To Love A Girl With Crippling Anxiety
Health Wellness

For somebody who is falling for a girl a little more on the anxious side, don't be scared - just be aware it is going to be a little different than anybody else you have ever loved.

144

Falling in love is beautiful,

There is so many perks as to what it may be

But, falling in love with someone who is struggling very deeply with anxiety may be contrasting what you are used to.

For somebody who is falling for a girl a little more on the anxious side, don't be scared - just be aware it is going to be a little different than anybody else you have ever loved. She will have a hard time letting you in and giving you her all; she will scare a little easier and she will have a more difficult time trusting you. But with that being said, none of that means she doesn't care.

She isn't broken. She isn't crazy. She is only human.

She will come off as confident - a girl who knows what she wants and deserves. She will come off with a smile, she will come off as tough - do not let that fool you. When she comes to the realization you can step-forward and see what is actually happening inside of her head, it will frighten her.

The first time she lets her tears fall and comes clean about the monsters inside of her head, it will confuse you. It will differ a lot from the girl you typically see and it will catch you off-guard. If her cries, her stories or her thoughts that run a million miles a minute are not something you cannot see yourself dealing with - please leave. Don't be somebody who sticks around and will not be able to be there for her at her worst moments.

Sticking around will not be an easy process. As much as you want to save the day and save her from her past, it will not be that clear. She has struggled in ways you will never be able to understand. You will try to kiss away her pain and her scars but there will be nights where you crawl into bed with her and she will be in a completely different world. Regardless of how hard you try to help, you won't get through to her - that's okay. She's just scared to open up about all her doubts and fears; she's afraid you will used them against her at moments of conflict just like the guys before you did.

At her moments of crippling anxiety, hold her. If she does not want to speak on what is bothering her, let it be. She will come down from her high and open up to you when she feels most comfortable. All that she needs at that very moment is you just holding her in your arms.

Do not pity her. Do not try to make her feel guilty for what is happening - she cannot control what is happening.

Validate how she is feeling. Do not make it a bigger deal than what it already is.

Try to stay calm because although she looks alright on the outside - her insides are screaming.

Listen.

Respond.

Soothe her.

Tell her you understand.

Tell her she isn't alone in this battle.

Tell her you are there for her. No matter what.