6 Ways To Make Your Next Music Festival The Best One Yet

Here are some tips for your next festival to make sure every penny fulfills its purpose.

14
Jessie Uvino

This past weekend, thousands of people from around the country gathered together to share their appreciation for electronic dance music underneath the electric sky at EDC Orlando. To me, music festivals are about more than just music. Attending a music festival is an experience. From the moment I stepped foot into my first festival, I knew it wouldn't be my last. EDC Orlando was one of the most magical weekends of my life and was an experience I will carry with me until the day I die. While festivals can be expensive, they are worth every dollar. Here are some tips for your next festival to make sure every penny fulfills its purpose.

1. Plan your outfits in advance.

In my opinion, festival fashion is one of the most unique and exciting things to shop for. When it comes to festival fashion, there is no such thing as too much or too little. However, it is important to make sure that you are wearing something that makes you feel confident and is comfortable for you to dance around in. For EDC Orlando, I was lucky enough to have the company iHeartRaves send me a few items to wear. For anyone looking for a company that has both comfortable and cute clothes, www.iheartraves.com is the place to go. On their website, they have thousands of different styles of clothing to pick from, which means you are bound to find something that suits your style. Even through the pouring rain, excessive dancing, and fields of dirt at EDC Orlando, I was comfortable the whole weekend and all of my pieces remained in perfect condition. Before your next festival, be sure to check out their website and find something that'll have you feeling and looking your best all weekend.

2. Pick a meet up spot.

https://unsplash.com/photos/pOXHU0UEDcg

Festivals can be overwhelming and it is not uncommon for somebody in the group to get lost. A lot of the time, cell service is weak and it is hard to get a hold of people through your phone. Before you go into the festival, look at a map and decide on a meetup spot with your group in case someone gets lost. It is also good to have a meetup spot if your group wants to separate and see different sets.

3. Check the weather.

https://unsplash.com/photos/DSB1MZWsGco

While a little Florida cold front has never killed anyone, it has made many sick. Despite being almost 80 degrees during the day, Friday night the temperature dropped to the low 60's and rain began to pour out of the sky. While my friends and I didn't let the weather ruin our night, we would have been much more comfortable if we had brought jackets or ponchos. The lesson learned was to always check the weather and be prepared!

Buy a hydration pack

http://deugenemusic.com/vibedration-hydration-backpacks-are-your-festival-must-have/

Festivals can be super hot and crowded, which makes them super easy places to get dehydrated. Most festivals have free water refill stations, so make sure that you bring a hydration pack with you to fill up as soon as you get there. You can find them cheap at places such as Walmart or Target or find some online that are super cute. Having a hydration pack will help to ensure you stay hydrated throughout the day and don't have to take a million trips to get a cup of water.

Eat a big meal before.

https://unsplash.com/photos/8BE0aHAKJQQ

Eating a big meal for breakfast is an important way to make sure you have energy throughout the day. The food at festivals tends to get very pricey and requires waiting in long lines, which isn't always preferred when you have sets to see. Eating a big meal before you go is a good way to save money and make sure you're energized. Don't forget to throw a granola bar in your bag before you go too in case you need something to pick you up.

6. Roll with the punches.

https://unsplash.com/photos/ZODcBkEohk8

Not everything is always going to go as planned. Sometimes it can be hard to get around and things may happen that make you miss sets you want to see. Instead of being negative about it, keep a positive mindset and take it as an opportunity to see an artist you wouldn't have seen otherwise. You'd be surprised by what you may discover. After listening to a set I barely knew at Sunset Music Festival, I found my favorite DJ. This past weekend, one of my favorite sets was one that I didn't plan on going to at all. Keep a positive mindset throughout the weekend and you are guaranteed to have one of the best weekends of your life.