Mantras For The Holidays If You're Dreading Being Single

7 Mantras To Repeat This Holiday Season If You’re Dreading Being Single

Remember, self love is the best kind of love.

113

With the holiday season upon us, everyone is busy going on cute dates to see Christmas lights or at the ice skating rink with their bae. It seems like every time you log onto social media, you see another picture of another couple happy and in love and celebrating the holiday season. This can make being single even harder than it already is. However, being single is never, ever the end of your world...even during the holiday season. If you're feeling an overwhelming amount of dread about being single, repeat these seven mantras to yourself on the daily, because trust me, this isn't the end of your world.

Self love is the best kind of love.

I'll be living this mantra all day, every day. Self love truly is a kind of love unlike anything else! At the end of the day all you really have is yourself, so why not love yourself with the kind of love you're pouring onto everyone else?

I am worthy of love.

It doesn't matter how long you've been single, you are still worthy of love. Don't let your current relationship status define your worth.

It's better to be single than with someone who isn't right for you.

Looking on the bright side of things - by being single, you are avoiding the pain of being with someone who could eventually hurt you.

Your past relationships ended for a reason.

Sometimes when we're single, we may want to revert back to that one ex we'll always have a soft spot for. But before you do this, repeat this next mantra to yourself - your past relationship ended for a reason. Going back to them may temporarily change your relationship status, but it will do nothing but harm your overall happiness.

There's so much more to life than your relationship status.

Believe it or not, whether or not you're in a relationship is only one component of your life! There are so many other elements of your life that deserve your time and attention.

There are many opportunities for love in the future.

Odds are, you're probably in your early twenties. You're young. You have A LOT of life left to live, and so much more time to find love. Just because you're not happily married by 25 doesn't make you a failure. And even if you are older, your life still isn't over. You have a future ahead of you, and with every new day is a new chance to find love. Don't dread being single this holiday season - you likely have many more holiday seasons ahead of you to share with that right person.

Enjoy being single.

Even though they tend to be forgotten, there really are many benefits of being single! Not only do you get to flirt with literally whoever you want (who said causal flings were a bad thing?!) but you also get time to focus on yourself, be independent, and learn to love yourself for who you are. This is a necessity to be happy in your future relationships. One day you'll meet someone who takes your single status away from you forever, so enjoy the single life while it's still yours.