How To Get The Perfect Bikini Body

How To Get The Perfect Bikini Body

Rock the swimsuit you didn't think you could.

8
How To Get The Perfect Bikini Body
travislrichardson.com

With summer right around the corner, people start to become more critical about their bodies, especially since they'll be wearing less clothing in the warmer months. You'll see all sorts of advertisements to prepare you for these warmer months ahead, stuff about how to lose weight and how to lose it fast. Many of these things don't work, and if they do, it is just a short-term "fix." But I don't believe this is a fix; you can't fix something that isn't broken. You don't have to be skinny, toned, and tan to be able to wear those booty shorts and that killer bikini.

Love your body.

Sounds simple enough, right? So many people struggle with this every day, myself included. Lots of us would have no problem sitting in front of a mirror all day and picking out flaw after flaw. If you look at anything long enough, you're going to find some flaws. Maybe it's stretch marks. Maybe it's scars. Maybe it's cellulite. Maybe it's a deformity. It could be any of these, a combination of these, or something different all together. Whatever it is, you are beautiful nonetheless. Before you hate on your body, next time, think of everything it does for you.

Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

I'm sure you've heard this hundreds of times since you were young. Even though it is cliche and repetitive, it holds so much truth. You don't have to be skinny to be beautiful, but that doesn't also mean that you can't be beautiful if you're skinny. You can be a size 2 or a size 22 and be beautiful. Beauty is not based on your weight, your dress size, your height, or even your body type. You are beautiful, and don't you dare let anyone ever try to convince you otherwise, especially if that person is yourself.

Wear whatever you please.

Society tries to dictate what we wear based on our size and shape. We are told not to wear short shorts and crop tops if we aren't super thin, not to wear heels if we are tall, not to wear form fitting things if we aren't skinny, and not to wear revealing tops/dresses if we aren't busty. I could go on and on with the ridiculous "rules" we are supposed to follow that society has set for us. However, I say screw what society thinks. If you are plus size and want to wear that string bikini, go for it! If you're tall and want to wear six inch heels, go for it! If you don't have a flat stomach and want to wear that bodycon dress, go for it! Fashion is a wonderful tool, so if you are comfortable and confident in something, you should wear it. Don't let other people's expectations dictate what you wear.

So, to answer the question so many girls have this time of year, "How do I get the perfect bikini body?" you find a bikini you love and wear it. Embrace your body, love it. It's okay to be whatever size you are, it's just a number. You can look banging no matter what your size. So, go find summer clothes you love, and rock whatever look you want this summer. You don't have to listen to society or do what they say. You do you.