How To Find The Good In Finals Week

How To Find The Good In Finals Week

That dreaded time is drawing near, how will you ever survive?

7
How To Find The Good In Finals Week

We've all been there: the sleep deprivation, the countless hours of studying on top of studying and then stressing out about what will happen if we don't pass every single exam. Our grades are on the line, but more importantly, the GPAs which we have been clinging on to all semester are on the line! Take a deep breath and relax. This may be the worst week of the entire year, but that doesn't mean that we can't find a little bit of joy within it.

We're all a part of a team.

Firstly, this is a bonding experience for everyone. Although you might spend hours studying in the library, everyone is studying together. This is the perfect opportunity to band together with some of your friends/classmates and take some stress off of studying. Gather some friends and try to coherently figure the content together. This is the time where you can make some of your most memorable memories. Staying up until 3 in the morning, late nights in the library, growing closer to people as you all try not to fail!

De-stressing activities.

Now, most college campuses know how stressful this time of year is. Try to find events around campus where you will be able to let go of all the stress you're holding in. Take some on-campus yoga classes or attend events where animals are in the vicinity. Wellness Woof and Happiness Hop are two events on Eastern Michigan's campus where you can interact with bunnies and dogs to calm those nerves!

Finally, the payoff.

Think about it, right after finals are done, what comes after that? A break! A time where you are able to relax and take a load off. Honestly, this is what keeps me going during finals week. Just the thought that after this hell on earth time frame, I'll be able to go home and spend time with those I love most.