10 Things To Do To Cure Your Summer Boredom
popular

20 Things To Do To Cure Your Summer Boredom

For all the beautiful, boring space of summer.

1161
water fountain

Summer for a college student is awkward and boring. You miss your friends from school and you don't really know what to do besides lay in your bed, which isn't a bad thing, but it eventually gets old. Therefore here is a list of things you could do to fill the awkward and boringness:

1. Read a book.

Look at that random bookshelf you have in your house and find something that interests you. If there's nothing good, find a used book store near you (McKay's Book Store is the best if you have one) and buy a really good book for cheap.

2. Start and finish a TV series.

I should have another article posting soon about this if you need ideas.

3. Bake something.

Baking is not only incredibly therapeutic, but it ends with a yummy, rewarding snack.

4. Go to the pool.

This one's a given. Going to the pool is what summer is all about.

5. Go canoeing.

Canoeing is so much fun and should be on everyone's summer bucket list. Get a group of friends together and find a good canoe rental place and hit the water.

6. Take the dog for a walk.

you know your dog just as tired of sitting around the house as you are. Take that bitch (literally) for a walk.

7. Visit or volunteer at your local dog shelter.

Give those puppies some love. They deserve it after all they've been through, and who doesn't love dogs???

8. Go hiking.

Hiking is a great workout and it gets you out into nature. There are so many trails to explore so get out there!

9. Clean out your closet

This sound super boring but it is so worth it. You feel so accomplished afterwards and you can get money for it if you take your unwanted clothes to plato's closet or any consignment store.

10. Attend a free concert

Free concerts are the best. They are a great way to get your friends together and have a good time.

11. Photoshoot with friends (aka my mom).

Everyone looks beautiful in the summer, so take that opportunity to get dressed all cute and do your makeup and get some pictures. With the technology phones have these days you could even do it with your phone.

12. Road trip.

Take a day trip to a cool city or town nearby.

13. Paint something.

Get out your paint and channel your artistic side onto the canvas.

14. Write.

Start that novel you've always had in the back of your mind. Write in a journal about the events of the summer and debriefing the school year. Start a blog.

15. Sleep all day.

The definition of summer is sleeping all day.

16. Go to the park.

Go catch up with your friends and play that sport you played in high school that you miss so much.

17. Eno

If you don't have an Eno, what are you doing with your life. Set that bad boy up between some trees and read your book, or make it a hangout with your friends. Bring a speaker and some snacks and even some sparklers to enjoy time with friends.

18. Visit a friend from college.

Summer during college is a nice break but it is super awkward and boring because your friends live far away and yeah you have your high school friends but everything is different. therefore plan a trip to visit one of those friends that lives far away and maybe even pick up some of your other college buddies on the way.

19. Work. Work. Work.

Make that money, but also it's good for making some of the closest friends you've ever had, and work not even being work because you're just having fun with your friends while consequentially doing your job.

20. Go shopping.

Get some cute summer clothes or some decor for your apartment next year with all that money from working so hard.