How To Crush An Interview

How To Crush An Interview

These tips are the recipe to success during an interview.

89
How To Crush An Interview
Pedro’s

As young adults, a lot of us will have to go through plenty of interviews for things like jobs, colleges, or internships. Therefore, I decided to make a list of tips so you can crush your next interview.

1.) Research the company or university.

This is important because it shows you are very interested in them. After your research, come up with a good question to ask during the interview.

2.) Dress professionally.

This one should be pretty self-explanatory, but you want to impress them with your appearance. For girls, you could wear a nice dress (just nothing too short), or you could go with dress pants, a nice blouse, and a blazer. For guys, you could wear dress pants, a nice shirt, and maybe a tie as well!

3.) Print a copy of your resume or other documents you might need.

Even if you have already given them your resume, it’s always good to bring a copy to the interview. Again, it shows you’re eager and that you want the job or position in the program.

4.) Arrive ten to fifteen minutes early.

You have to be sure to allow yourself enough time to get to your destination because you do not want to be late. Being ten to fifteen minutes early is perfect and will again show that you’re eager and punctual.

5.) Give a firm handshake.

This has become a very common gesture at the beginning of interviews, so it’s important to have a nice and firm handshake.

6.) Make eye contact.

Looking people in the eye shows you’re confident about what you’re saying which is extremely important during an interview.

7.) Smile.

Smiles are also a great thing because they show that you have a nice personality and that you’re confident as well.

8.) Ask questions.

Asking questions show curiosity about your potential position, and they will appreciate you making the effort to ask questions.

9.) Clarify how many and what kind of hours you will be working if you get the job (or the length of program for schools).

This way you make sure that you are all on the same page.

10.) Be yourself.

It’s a lot easier to be yourself than to pretend to be something you aren’t.

11.) Follow up.

If you haven’t heard anything for a week after your interview, give the company a call and see if they have come to a decision. For universities, if they have not contacted you by the time limit they gave you during the interview, feel free to call them as well.

These tips should help you crush your upcoming interviews! Best of luck everyone!

All my love,

Kamille