HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR ROLLER SHUTTERS

HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR ROLLER SHUTTERS

ROLLER SHUTTERS

11
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR ROLLER SHUTTERS

Contrary to what one might think, choosing a roller shutter is not easy. Besides, many of you ask yourself questions: according to which criteria should you choose for roller blinds? How do I know if the components are compatible with the project? Faced with many competing products, the consumer gets lost quickly and there is something!

However, you should make a choice! But then, how do you choose the right roller shutters? What are the important criteria? What are the right questions to ask? where do I start? Think for a moment what criteria are most important to you. Ask yourself a few minutes, and the answers will appear on their own, while others take longer. If you know what you need, the choice will be easier and the result will be more convenient!

We are here to help you: here is our complete guide for a better understanding before purchasing the perfect roller shutter!

WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT ROLLER SHUTTERS?

To choose the right roller shutter, it is necessary to know the main characteristics of the existing roller shutters. This way, you will be able to direct yourself towards one type of ingredient instead of the other.

Systems

There are four types of roller shutters: single-block roller shutter, regenerative roller shutter, conventional roller shutter, and tunnel roller shutter. What are their differences? Why choose one over the other? We explain to you.

• Single-block roller shutter: specially designed for shaping one using carpentry. For example, the frame and part no longer form a single room, a single block. Thus, the single-block roller shutter is perfect when you want to change carpentry and White shutters at the same time. Learn more about One-Piece Roller Shutter.
  • Roller Shutter Update: Designed to be installed on an existing joiner. For example, if you want to maintain your window but change or add the shutter, then the shutter is the solution for you. It is easy to install. Learn more about shutter regeneration.
  • Classic Roller Shutter: Sold without box, it only includes roll and hub axis. In fact, it is inserted into a box that was previously built into the construction, often during new construction. Incorporating the stem directly during construction frees up more daylight. The window can then transfer the brightness of the entire aperture without the box blocking some of this light. It is also possible to use a conventional roller shutter (coil axis + deck) in an old box, during the regeneration process. However, this method is not necessarily preferred during renovation in the old residence, for performance reasons. It is often recommended for a mono roller shutter or regeneration roller shutter in this case.
  • Tunnel Roller Shutter: It looks like a traditional roller shutter. It is a winding column, a square and a square generally made of polystyrene. The box should be incorporated into the packaging, usually through the lintel. Thus the tunnel cylinder shutter is designed for new construction projects.

Materials

Four materials are mainly used to build roller shutters: Aluminum, PVC, Wood, and Composite. The first two are the most in-demand, as they are suitable for the vast majority of projects. Each substance has advantages and disadvantages. A material that perfectly fits one project may turn out to be a bad choice for another project. Evaluate your needs as best as possible and choose the best roller shutter for your housing.

• Aluminum: Strong, light and economical. This is a very attractive option on all budgets. These materials require almost no maintenance and are known for their great durability. The main disadvantage: not very insulating.
  • PVC: Insulating, durable and economical. It's also an interesting versatile material because it is affordable for all budgets and requires little maintenance. However, PVC is not suitable for large shutters. Aluminum is more powerful and safer.
  • Wood: aesthetic, insulating, safe and durable. However, it requires regular maintenance which can be restricted. In addition, it is more expensive and heavier than aluminum or PVC.
  • Composite: as a result of a mixture of aluminum and plastic. Because of this, he tries to combine the advantages of each. These materials are a good alternative to commonly used materials. However, it is more expensive and has not been provided by all professionals.

The maneuvers

There are two main families of roller shutters: manual roller shutters and electric roller shutters. Although motorized roller shutters are more and more popular, manual roller shutters are still in great demand.

Should you choose a manual roller shutter or an electric roller shutter? There is no predetermined answer. Weigh the pros and cons of each solution before deciding. If you have a tight budget, know that electric shutters are more expensive. Make sure you choose an opening/closing system that suits your needs because the shutter you choose is supposed to support you for several years. You are spoiled for choice!

Advantages of the manual roller shutter: very affordable, durable, simple to use, does not require electricity to operate, can be operated even in the event of a power failure, etc.

Advantages of the electric roller shutter: practical, no effort required, safe thanks to the counter-thrust of the motor, durable, several shutters can be remotely controlled, thanks to home automation it is possible to program the opening and closing of the shutter, etc.

Dimensions

Another difficult choice! Is it better to buy a standard roller shutter or specially designed roller shutter? Again, it all depends on your needs. However, the great advantage of a specially designed roller shutter is that it perfectly adapts to the details of your project and home. Contrary to what one might think, it is not necessarily more expensive. It used to be, but it is no longer so. For equal quality, you'll find compact shutters designed at the same price as standard roller shutters. This is what we strive to present on our website https://www.rueduvolet.fr/.

In that case, why would you choose a standard roller shutter? Good question. Indeed, the specially designed roller shutter provides unparalleled performance, comfort, and customization. Follows the forms of your project. Evaluate your needs at best and make the most appropriate option! If your favorite roller shutters are standard shutters, please feel free to do so.

Choose according to your needs

Do you have priority price, insulation and design? Is it rather security? Practical application? Set your priorities and potential constraints for your project: very large shutters, an untouchable interface, a lack of space, a disabled person, etc.

Price

Often the price is a balance factor. Few people don't have to worry about shutter prices before buying. On the contrary, be careful not to just look at the price, at the risk of purchasing poor quality roller shutters. If your priority is the price, be aware that there are many interesting solutions that you can buy at the best value for money. We offer our advice to pay less without sacrificing quality:

• Do not choose a low component: what are the lower costs often the most expensive (poor quality and durability, inappropriate use).
  • Look for good promotions that offer great savings (for example, at RueDuVolet, we offer delivery from 800 € from purchase).
  • Find a serious and conscientious salesperson who will not hesitate to advise you and offer solutions in the event of unexpected problems. The relationship of trust is important and often allows for savings (commercial gestures, assessments of humanitarian standards, assistance, etc.).
  • Choice of manual shutters: less expensive and durable.
  • Compare multiple shutter bids: Prices vary greatly from one service provider to another. Be sure to compare shutters of equal quality. Our roller shutter composition tools can be of great help.

Insulation

Is thermal insulation and / or sound important to you? Note that, basically, all shutters form an additional thermal and acoustic barrier. In particular, they create a buffer air space between the window and the shutter. However, there are a few models that provide a real thermal and acoustic advantage. From this point of view there, their benefit is especially not to allow sunlight to pass in summer and protect the window from bad weather in winter. However, there are several ways to improve insulation thanks to the roller shutter!

Which component to choose for better insulation? To improve cylinder shutter insulation in the best possible way, instead, go to an aluminum shutter with polyurethane or PVC insulating blades. In fact, these last materials are naturally insulating. At present, aluminum shutters are being studied to avoid thermal bridges (injected foam). In the same vein, to offer a slight improvement in terms of insulation, you can prefer electrical open systems that do not allow air to pass between inside and outside (no maneuvering port). Note that the forearm and belt allow very little air to pass if this depends on the models.

Good To Know: If you want to greatly improve the thermal and acoustic insulation of the aperture, focus on the properties of your window. In fact, the window plays a more important role than the shutter role in this category. To simplify, let's say that the component brings an interesting "little extra".

Aesthetics

Roller shutters can also be chosen according to aesthetic standards. You do not support roller shutters with a strap? Do you particularly like rating roller shutters? Do you like the hardness and tightness caused by aluminum? Be aware that with different materials and different colors, it is possible to combine performance and beauty without compromise!

What color to choose? There are many colors, especially for aluminum roller shutters. Unlike PVC, aluminum can receive a dark shade without fear of deformation due to the sun's heat. Likewise, the color can imitate wood perfectly for people who want to take advantage of the aesthetics of wood without its flaws (binding maintenance, price).

A safe bet? the White. This color is neutral and suitable for the majority of construction and renovation projects, in modern or traditional settings. Thanks to the white neutrality, other elements in the room are highlighted: furniture, floors, panels, etc. If you decide to rent or sell your property, white is an excellent option. In addition, white roller shutters are usually less expensive.

Safety

Safety is necessary for you? Cylindrical shutter brings very exciting safety gain which will make thieves lose valuable time. They can give up if the job is too dangerous. On average, the thief surrenders after 5 minutes if he cannot enter the building. Thus, the shutter, in the closed position, is a first safety barrier that should not be ignored. Moreover, specialists agree that roller shutters are generally the most secure. Finally, aluminum is recommended because it is stronger than PVC.

Difficult to handle the roller shutter from the outside. The box cannot be reached and the apron cannot be lifted from the outside. To ensure this, it is recommended to provide it with hard clamps and manual locks or a padlock. Likewise, the electric shutter provides added protection thanks to the engine's anti-trust force.