How To Channel Your Inner-Beyoncé

How To Channel Your Inner-Beyoncé

We all deserve to be just as great as the queen herself.

868
How To Channel Your Inner-Beyoncé
Coverjunction

Yes, Beyoncé is bae. We all know her. We all love her. Honestly, if she somehow became the President of the United States (fun fact: She just recently became eligible to run. Queen Bey 2020), I would be the first to pay taxes to her. She is everything anyone ever hopes to be in life. She's perfect in every way, shape, and form...supposedly.

It truly hurts me to say this (and these may be my final words before the Beyoncé fandom hunts down and kills me), but Beyoncé isn't perfect. She can sing, dance, act, strut, juggle (probably) all at the same time, but only because she has the ability to wake up each day with the inner strength that tells her that, yes, she can do it. She has her own insecurities and her own faults, but she decides that they don't define her and what she is capable of achieving. If Beyoncé can do it, then so can you. Here's how you, too, can find that inner strength of yours and channel your own inner Beyoncé.

1. Accept yourself, flaws and all.

(*Cue Hannah Montana*) No one has the easy pass in life. Everyone has those one or two things they wish they could change, or tweak even the slightest bit. But these little quirks make us who we are. Even Beyoncé has her days, but she comes to terms with her flaws and gives it her all anyway. The sooner we accept the faults in our stars (see what I did there?), the sooner we can focus on the more important things in life.

2. Shake off the haters

No one deserves to be put down by others. Mean comments can go a long way and destroy from the inside out if you let them. It's impossible to believe that anyone could have anything bad to say about the queen, but as a professional singer, Beyoncé has definitely had her fair share of nasty criticisms. Even so, we continually see her making music and performing for the people that support her no matter what she does. Don't let those critics get to you. They're not worth your time.

3. Believe in yourself.

Our generation is entirely made up of people who think they're just not good enough for that role in the school musical, or that spot on the varsity football team. We get in our heads about the little things and talk ourselves down until there's nothing left. But how is that going to get us anywhere? The first step to succeeding is believing that you have the ability to succeed. If you don't believe in yourself, how are you going to win those 20 grammys? (Yeah, she's won 20. Shoutout to Google.)

4. Jump into the deep end, head-first.

The riskiest situations that scare us the most are the ones that yield the biggest results. The risk-reward system states that the bigger the risk is, the bigger the reward. Yes, it may seem hard, but if you don't try, you'll never know what could happen. You could end up performing for the Superbowl half-time show. Taking a little bit of inspiration from Bae-yonce herself, "In my hardest moments, where I thought ‘what am I doing, I’m not strong enough for this, I can’t get through this, I’m not ready, I just have to say jump!’ Because, I know I’m gonna land in that water and swim back on the boat and I’m going to jump again and land in the water and swim back to the boat. I have to trust myself."

5. Do what makes YOU happy.

This sounds very cliché, but so does this entire article, so I don't care. There's this little book called life. And, oh my gosh, YOU are the author. That means YOU get to write the story. Don't let anyone else write your narrative. Don't follow the crowd and do what others think you should do just because it's going to make them happy. First and foremost, live your life with the sole purpose of pleasing yourself.

Bonus: Build so much confidence that being called your own name can be considered a compliment itself.

If you need assistance with this reference, here's a short video to clear the air.