How To Channel Michael Scott This School Year

Who would have thought the leading man in "The Office" would be so inspiring?

62
Forbes

I love "The Office." It is most definitely my favorite television show of all time and probably the only show I watch religiously on Netflix. With the start of the new school year, I've realized life can get very stressful, especially juggling classes, extracurriculars and a social life. I wanted to get some advice about how to handle all this, so I went to Pinterest to look for some inspiring quotes to get me through each day. This worked, but as an avid Office fan, I realized I looked at quotes from the show much more often than I was looking at the inspiring messages. That's when it hit me: Michael Scott, as annoying, unpredictable, and crazy as he might be, is a character who is very uplifting. So, I decided that handling the insanity of a new school year might involve me channeling my inner Michael Scott. Naturally, this is how I'm going to react in these different situations.

1. When the professor hands you the syllabus:

2. When the kids who sit in front of you all talk about their night out while you stayed home to study:

3. When the professor calls on you and you really have no idea what the answer to her question is:

4. When you can't tell if the professor likes you and you really want her to:

5. When you walk into a class looking forward to sitting next to someone cute, and you don't get what you expected:

6. When it's time to study for your first exam:

7. When you're assigned a very heavy workload on the night of the first basketball game:

8. When an assignment is due on Friday the 13th:

9. When you really need to ask your professor about extra credit opportunities.

10. When the professor is explaining the reading and says it might be hard:

11. When you have an assignment to attend a guest speaker's lecture in addition to class:

12. When it's course registration and the class you really wanted to take is filled:

13. When you have very high expectations for yourself at the beginning of the semester:

14. When the school year is getting really, really stressful:

15. When you realize you can do anything you put your mind to: