How To Act Professional In A Professional Setting

Whether you have a business, platform or are just handling your daily inquiries the manner in which you present yourself and communicate with other matters.

I'm sorry, saints, but I just had to write it as it appeared… professionalism is really just giving a d*mn and it's that simple.

I can't even begin to number the unprofessional encounters I've had in these past few months alone and to be honest, it's extremely disheartening.

WHY?

Because as someone who thrives on passion, I know the value of professionalism and due to its ever-evolving absence, I figured perhaps we should talk about it.

So can we talk about it!

With social media, everyone has a platform, which is a blessing because it essentially means that the access for branding is wide open. However, you've heard the saying "with great power comes great responsibility" well that responsibility is your mannerism off the web.

This responsibility is called professionalism, and I'm here to inform you that this attribute goes far beyond arriving at engagements on time. In fact, it begins with your energy!

Whether you have a business, platform or are just handling your daily inquiries the manner in which you present yourself and communicate with other matters. If you're in a leadership position whatsoever, your energy is extremely crucial because you as a leader set the tone for your team's work environment. As a leader, you also are responsible for checking in with your team and ensuring that they're feeling both inspired and appreciated.

I know… you're wondering what does this have to do with professionalism. It all coincides because someone who has a strong work ethic will also pride themselves on showing up in spite of. *Inserts title, once again "Professionalism is really giving a d*mn"* That's what it's about! Caring about your interactions and showing up in spite of your disinterest or personal struggles and ensuring that you're providing the best experience as well as the environment for productivity.

Think of it as your lasting impression, when it comes to business many times you only have one chance to impress. One opportunity to showcase your passion and make others want to join forces… one single time because once you're deemed "unprofessional" it's extremely difficult to rewrite the narrative.

So please, think twice when engaging and be kind!