How Things Have Changed Since Covid-19 Came Into The Picture

One year ago the world as we know it changed. What started off as something that may be going around turned into something more serious. Covid-19 lead to many event cancelations, school closings, store changes, Zoom meetings, it felt like a different world from years ago.

One year later not too much has changed but there is a silver lining ahead (Vaccines!), some of us remember the last normal week we had, what we were doing on the day the world shut down, the last time we would go without a mask in a store, the sight of empty shelves in a grocery store, confused kids wondering why they don't have to go to school, it is a crazy world that we live in.

There have been many good things that have happened since the world turned that should probably stick around once this virus is finally settled down, there have also been some horrible things that don't need to make a comeback.

It was cool to see technology utilized like never before, teachers getting creative with lessons, game nights via Zoom, still keeping in contact with college friends, I also love seeing all the support for small businesses and appreciation for all of the frontline workers who didn't get to stay home during the lockdown.

It was horrible to see all the racist attacks towards Asian Americans when all this happened and even now it's still going on, people who won't wear a mask where it is required, people harassing essential workers over having to wear a mask in a store, and people straight up denying that there is even a virus in the first place.

While this may not be a year we want to remember, it is one that we should reflect and look back on. Viruses come and go but what will be forever remembered is how you treated others, it may not end up in the history books, but your loved ones will remember, always be kind to one another.

Until things start to transition back to somewhat normal, continue to wear a mask, wash your hands, don't spread misinformation about the vaccines,