How the Kardashians are Poisoning Society

Stop Making Stupid People Famous

792
Mirror

I really didn't want to talk about the Kardashians, nor did I want to bring anymore attention to them, but after hearing about Rob Kardashian's revenge porn against his ex Blac Chyna, as well as reading another Odyssey article about them (https://www.theodysseyonline.com/love-kardashians-...), I knew I had to point out the negativity this family spreads.

As their fifteen minutes continues to last and last, their careers and personas have only hurt society, not helped.

1. None of Them Have Any Talent

Newsflash: the Kardashians have NO talent. I repeat, NO TALENT. Most celebrities in Hollywood are famous for having talent (or how it should be), but not the Kardashian/Jenner clan, oh no. Yet they're rich and famous for no reason. Oh wait, they are famous for a reason. Kim Kardashian's sex tape with Ray J was "leaked". Big whoop, Paris Hilton did it already, and people hate her too. Sex isn't a talent, fyi, it's a human desire. You're not the first celebrity to have a sex tape, and you won't be the last. At this rate, we'll have even more talentless wannabes running to Hollywood.

2. They Promote Plastic Surgery

While Kim enjoys her famous natural bootie, Kourtney and Kylie think differently. Kourtney has breast implants, and Kylie had work done to change her lips. In a society obsessed with appearances, vulnerable, impressionable, insecure girls will think they only way they will be happy with their looks is to get cosmetic surgery. So much for self-love.

3. They Steal Other Peoples' Ideas

In a recent controversy, Kylie and Kendall have landed themselves in legal hot water. On vintage t-shirts of legendary musical icons with the likes of Biggie and Michael Jackson, Kylie and Kendall had the gumption to think they were of legendary status to actually put their faces over the musicians. Unlike them, the musicians had actual talent; they don't deserve to have their faces covered by conceited reality stars. It made me ill. Be original, not disrespectful.

4. You Hear More About Them Breaking Up More Than Working Things Out

Love is difficult, I get it. If you combine all the public relationships of the Kardashians/Jenners in the past decade, you hear more about the drama, rather than the happiness. Kim famously divorced Kris Humphries after only 72 days of marriage, Kourtney and Scott have been on/off for several years, Khloe and Lamar's rise and fall, and of course the chaotic relationship of Rob and Blac (more about that later). Instead of trying to work things out and staying together like most couples do (that of course is never televised), it's all about what is good press, good entertainment, not wholesome. I'd rather hear about their commitments to each other, how much they love each other, the positive things, keep the bad shit private, off-camera. Love is about communication and trying to make it work, not airing your dirty laundry for the world to see.

5. The Lines of Transgender Rights are Blurred

I'm an alley for the LGBTQ community, let me make this clear right now. Caitlyn Jenner could've been a great figure for transgenders everywhere, but this went horribly wrong. Caitlyn has done nothing for the transgenders, all she does is take pictures and go shopping; it's all about Caitlyn, not the rest of the community, despite boasting how much she'll "help". She also vocally supported Donald Trump, who's feared and hated by the LGBTQ world, despite she's part of the spectrum. If Caitlyn wants to be a leader for the transgender community that she claims to be, her actions have spoken louder than her words.

6. Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Toxic Relationship

I don't know where to begin with this one. I always felt bad for Rob, being the black sheep ignored and ridiculed by the rest of his family. Well no wonder he ends up in these messy relationships, because nobody supports him. After having a child together in a very publicized relationship, breakup after breakup, this poisonous couple has finally hit a point of no return. In a series of tweets (now deleted), Rob put Blac on blast, posting naked photos of her for his millions of followers to see. I don't like Rob or Blac, but that was low. Rob could now face legal consequences for his actions, as California has a law against revenge porn, a new law that prohibits jilted people to post nude photos of their exes to social media. With all the abusive relationships in this world, we don't need another one to be high profiled, especially when crimes are committed. Let's hope the world learns from this relationship, not try to copy it.

I could continue ranting about why I dislike this famous clan, but I decided to discuss the most damaging things that could negatively affect our society. I hope our society continues to evolve and make positive changes to our world, something we have to learn on our own, not from reality tv.