How To: Tennessee Football Games

How To: Tennessee Football Games

18
How To: Tennessee Football Games

After spending three years at this wonderful University, I feel the need to spread my Big Orange Wisdom. After attending the first football game of the year last week, I realized that some people (mostly new students) might not know how things work on UT game days. My advice for those people: you better learn ASAP because if you don't you will find yourself being yelled at constantly.

I have, out of the goodness of my heart, decided to share a few unwritten rules for game day at UT. You can either follow along, or you can be wrong. 

Here is the one thing that absolutely must to be understood: if you show up as the first quarter is ending to a sold out game and expect your seats in the student section to just be wide open and waiting on you, then you gon' learn today. Don't be late. It's as simple as that. Just so everyone knows, those people working the games in the green shirts are just there to help you find your seat. They do not give a crap if someone is standing in your seat, so don't run crying to them. And while you are throwing a fit about someone standing in your seats you are missing the Vols put a beating on whatever team we are playing. 

Once you do find some seats, you should only be sitting in them for maybe 15% of the game. To make it easier on everyone while you are standing, just take one step forward and stand in the seat in front of you. The lucky front row people don't stand on their seat, they lean against the wall. So when that happens, everyone just step forward. It'll make things go a lot more smoothly. 

Another thing that frustrates me more than anything is when people wear the wrong color. For example: pink is not orange, red is not orange and yellow is not orange. Orange is orange. I don't care how cute the dress is, if it is even slightly red and you wear it when we play Georgia or South Carolina there is a 100% chance that your school spirit sucks. And, like I mentioned before, you will get yelled at by die-hard Vol fans who think you are rooting for the other team. There is plenty of the right color orange in this world. You just have to work a little harder to find it. Be proud that we don't have #basic school colors like blue or red.

For my fellow sorority women, we all know we are the classiest ladies around, but when football season comes around and that can easily change. My advice to you if you have a little too much of that Big Orange punch or you tend to use colorful language during the games, just go ahead and put that "ABC loves the vols" button in your purse. Let's do the Greek community a favor and not let people say "that drunk sorority girl blah blah blah..." It's better for your chapter's image and sororities at UT as a whole if you leave the letters out of it. 

No go forth my little Vol fans and do game day right! Have fun, be safe and raise hell. Go Vols!