Midterms week got me feeling some type of way. So here I am expressing the thoughts I fill my mind with when I try to de-stress when the shit hits the fan.
1. Sit back, relax and watch some Netflix
2. Have a chocolate chip cookie
Something sweet always calms me down. Grab a cup of coffee while you’re at it or have your favorite comfort food waiting. It’s the little things
3. Take an hour nap
Things always look up once you’re well rested. Take a mental break; the work will be there later.
4. Remember that you’ll get through it
It’s not the end of the world, and you’ve gone through worse before. “Have faith in what with be.”
5. If this is one of the most stressful times you’ve ever experienced, know that it will end
That life always seems to find a way to get better when you least expect it
6. Life isn’t always about straight As
If you’re stressing over work your entire life, there is nothing else. You’ll kick yourself for not enjoying life as much as you should by sweating the small stuff too much.
7. Doing your best and moving forward while learning from your results is the most important thing a person can do
Learning from mistakes makes for a better person.
8. Reach out to your teachers
Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Most of them are understanding and want their students to succeed. Don’t wait until the last minute to get help. Be proactive and do what you can to get the best possible result. Then you’ll know that you did all you can.
9. Surround yourself with happy people, friends who make you feel good and put you in a positive mood
There’s no better distraction or calming remedy than being surrounded by the people you love.
10. From the mouth of my person for life (PFL) Dana Severin, “Bad day better morning.”
Like I said before, things will always brighten up even in the greyest of times.