4 Steps That Will Help You Stick With Your New Year's Goal

4 Steps That Will Help You Stick With Your New Year's Goal Of Getting Healthier While Traveling

Because being healthy is important.

28
Photo by Felipe Moutinho

Vacation is a fun time for everyone; visiting new places, spending quality time with friends/family, and eating lots of delicious food. With the new year that's come and gone, the majority of resolutions relating to dieting or staying active have been kept or have been tossed out the door. Well, I'm here to tell you that there are simple ways to stay healthy and active while you're on vacation (and at home!)

Step One: Hit the gym!

Whether you are staying at a beach resort with an ocean view at the gym, or your a boss babe/guy taking on a city adventure, hit up the gym at your hotel and try to get a quick workout in. That way, you can feel guilt-free during your restaurant adventures. A pro-tip is to work out in the morning so you get it done at the beginning of the day!

Step Two: Try local workout classes.

Maybe you're visiting a major city and you've always wanted to try SoulCycle. Well, while your traveling, now is the time! Many major cities offer a variety of workout classes, same with beach resorts. So, try and find something new and fun to fit into your schedule.

Step Three: Find natural ways to exercise.

Staying at a beach resort gives you the perfect opportunity to take a walk on the sand with a friend or family member. This can be a great way to enjoy the ocean, have some great conversations, and get a great workout in. Another idea is to try different sports or activities that are around you! Walk around and explore the parks if you're in a city. You can easily walk around five miles just by exploring and touring new places too!

Step Four: Make healthy(er) eating choices when dining out.

This one can be hard for many individuals, including me. A good idea if you know you're going to a restaurant is to try and eat healthy throughout the day. That way, you can indulge during your meal. Also, try to make healthy nutrition choices by eating more lean proteins and vegetables. Make sure to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. Lastly, as hard as it can be sometimes, don't overeat. Let your body feel full after your meal and enjoy the food you have!

Vacationing can be a fun time for everyone and it's not impossible to stay healthy while traveling!