Reading for pleasure

2 books and 7 days later, I am now officially a bookworm

Ending up with a lot of free time on your hands does a funny thing to a person.

31

This summer I had all of these big plans and all of these things I was sure I would cross off of my bucket list. But as life seems to remind us daily, nothing lasts forever, and everything can change in the blink of an eye. So, that being said, I had to find something to fill my time with.

I never was much of a reader, to begin with. Yeah, I'd read my summer reading for school, reluctantly at best and never enjoying it at all. Throughout my first year of college, I heard everyone raving about Colleen Hoover's romance novels. I figured that since I love romance movies so much, this couldn't be much different. I figured no matter what, even if I hated it, it was worth a shot. Last week I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up "It Ends With Us" By Colleen Hoover. Having only had a few recommendations by friends, I was a little skeptical and taken back by its decently large size.

I took it home and instantly fell in love with it.

I loved how everything about the book was wrapped up in these pages, and I could truly get lost in it for hours on end. I found myself neglecting my phone, not even caring if I had 10 Snapchats I hadn't opened. It was truly an escape from the world, social media, and my phone. And for the first time in a long time, I felt relaxed. I wasn't worried about my life when I was reading, I was worried about the characters and the plot. It is honestly so exhausting having your phone attached to you all the time, having to constantly check it and having to keep up with social media. When you're wrapped up in a good book, nothing really matters at that moment. Until of course, you put it down.

I read that book so quickly I had to go to the library two days later because at this rate it was going to be a really expensive summer buying novels as quickly as I was finishing them.

Needless to say, wrapping myself up in an incredible book was exactly the kind of "therapy" I needed to get through the summer I thought was going to be amazing. Turns out, it was amazing but in a little bit more nerdy way than I expected.

I also learned that it's never to late to start something new.Even though reading never appealed to me before, I was glad I decided to just throw myself into a good book because I'm enjoying every second of it.

I'm now on my third Colleen Hoover novel in one week and am probably going to finish tonight. I've already ordered three more for my vacation and am hoping to knock those out that whole week.

I know that with school starting in a few months I'll be doing a lot different type of reading, so for now I'll enjoy my free time and relax with a good book.