How To NOT Lose A Guy In 10 Days
popular

How To NOT Lose A Guy In 10 Days

“All’s fair in love and war.”

2090
How To NOT Lose A Guy In 10 Days
Kylene Ronayne

Far too often we see people jump into relationships way too quickly, unwilling to take the crucial step of getting to know each other better. Young people are drawn to the idea of a relationship more than the actual relationship itself. However, this mindset only works for so long, and soon enough, you will find yourself questioning the connection you thought you had with someone. Don’t get me wrong, relationships that move quickly can certainly work out, but only after there is a strong foundation built. Here are some key ways to build that foundation, especially at the beginning of the relationship.

Be honest.

Honesty

Honesty is probably one of the most important aspects of any relationship. How are you supposed to love someone if you cannot trust them from the very beginning? Being honest is actually a very attractive quality and in the end, it is one of the main things that sustains a relationship.

Talk. A lot.

Don’t be afraid to open up and give them a glimpse of who you are. Talk about what you like and dislike, your family, friends, values, school, work, or whatever it may be. You never know where a conversation could end up.

And listen even more.

No one likes a spotlight hog. Give them the chance to talk about themselves as well. Allow them to open up to you and show interest in what they have to say. Who knows what you will discover about them and what you both have in common.

Get to know one another in not just a physical way.

Kiss

Of course, physical attraction and connection is important in a relationship. However, you cannot really build a solid foundation with just that type of intimacy. Jump into a great conversation with them before you jump into bed with them! (:

Don't overthink.

Way too many people overthink in the early stages of a relationship. It is so easy to hold all of your thoughts inside because you are afraid of what someone will think about you. However, bottling up these thoughts will only drive you crazy and lead to more anxiety and uncertainty.

Make the most of your time together.

STAY OFF YOUR CELL PHONE. When you’re not together, it’s okay to interact that way. However, when you two are with each other, make an effort to give them your full attention. Once they see that you’re interested, it will then make them more interested and foster a stronger connection and conversation.

Let them know how you feel about them.

This doesn’t mean jump right to saying “I love you.” This is more about telling them where your head is at in the relationship. For example, you totally have the right to ask if the relationship is exclusive or not. Honesty is key and updating them on your own feelings will build trust and understanding between the two of you.

Do things you both like to do/want to try.

Find a common ground. Don’t subject yourself to just doing what the other person likes, and don’t make them do what you only like. In the beginning, finding those similarities is important. Leave reaching out of your comfort zone to a little later on in the relationship.

Have fun.

If you’re not enjoying yourself, then what’s the point? Make sure that you are truly appreciating the experiences you have with this person. You might as well be happy and have a good time if you decide to invest yourself in the relationship!

Be yourself. Completely.

Let’s face it. If they don’t accept who you truly are, then they aren’t the person for you. Find someone who GETS you. Someone who is able to appreciate your weird little quirks and laugh at your dumb jokes. If you are able to do all these things early on, I assure you that the groundwork of the relationship has so much more potential to grow and build into something more, rather than suffering through a short-lived and insincere relationship.