How Music Helps Us All

How Music Helps Us All

Music belongs to all

36
How Music Helps Us All
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/03/636478660911571430-828316999_Guitar.jpg

Music can be used to express who we are. It allows us to express ourselves in an artistic way whether we’re listening to it or making it ourselves. We venture deep into the creativity of the vast ideas of music.

One of the best parts about music is that there’s always a genre for everyone. Rap, Hip-Hop, Country, Pop, Rock’n Roll. The possibilities are endless.

Music comes to us in our time of need. When we need something to relate to. What better than music right? Music covers so many different aspects of life and sometimes we just need someone to understand what we’re going through at the moment.

We’ve all had those moments when we’re just in a car with our friends then when someone passes the aux cord to someone and you all just start rocking out to some up-tempo songs. Also moments when you’re alone in your car and you’re at a stop light and the person next to you see’s you singing like a maniac and all they can think is “There’s a crazy person next to me right now”.

Music brings the best out of all of us and it’s been a part of us since before birth. As a kid I always loved hearing Christmas music and it always put me in a calm mood. I think that was most likely because my household was always filled with it when I was very young. Think back to a moment from your childhood, was there a particular song that always played and somehow you know every single word now without even looking up the lyrics? That’s how many songs from my childhood were. It takes us back to certain parts of our lives.

Here’s a weird thing though, music doesn’t have to correlate with a specific day. What I mean by this is that the song “Let Her Go” by Passenger reminds me of Thanksgiving. The only reason it does is because I overplayed it during that time a couple years ago and now it makes me think about it.

Music is a coping mechanism. I do understand that certain types of music aren’t good for certain situations. Like when you’re feeling down and you start to listen to sad types of music but sometimes it helps.

Lastly, music is an outlet for each and every person out there needing a helping hand. It helps us cope when the world is too much to handle. It makes us feel connected. The best part is that there are others who feel the same thing as well. Music helps when the times are good and bad. Let it guide you and it will enlighten your point on view. Just remember to be open to music and you'll understand it much more. Having music really is a blessing in disguise and without it, who knows what path the creativity of music brought would've been.